Server shutdown

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bene Gabor
    Newbie
    • Mar 2020
    • 6
    • Hungary

    #1

    Server shutdown

    Hi all,
    In our country, all cinemas had to close because of the COVID-19. The Christie’s distibutor said we do not shutdown the projector, just leave it in stand-by mode. However, we didn’t get any information about the server (Doremi ShowVault). Could it cause any problem if the server remain shutdown for 1-2 months?

    Gabor
  • Carsten Kurz
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1481
    • Germany

    #2
    No. The ShowVault is an ordinary PC/server. It does contain a BIOS/CMOS battery, but even if that would fail (unlikely), it would be no big issue.

    So I've shut down. I have a Christie CP-2210 projector and a GDC SR-1000 server. I'm wondering what I should do during a prolonged (hopefully not too prolonged!) shutdown. I have the projector plugged into a UPS that's currently switched off. (I usually shut everything off overnight anyway.) I'm thinking that now I should

    Comment

    • Bene Gabor
      Newbie
      • Mar 2020
      • 6
      • Hungary

      #3
      Thank you!

      Comment

      Working...