Dolby DSS200 system reinstall

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #16
    4.8.4.10 was/is the best version for an ailing CAT862. I've had CAT862s go WSOD or, stop running (they'll boot up...but when the move runs, the counter won't advance nor will the movie). If you downgrade a failing CAT862 back to 4.8.4.10, it can (and has for me on several occasions) restored it to operation...in one site, for in excess of 3 years and counting!

    Comment

    • Marco Giustini
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1168
      • Reading, UK

      #17
      Interesting, I’d thought that over 4.8.4-10 you’d be safe when it comes to the WSOD. Good to know.
      I miss my ‘disconnected’ times ?

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #18
        Some, back in the day, have used 4.8.4.10 to try and get higher versions...using 4.8.4.10 as a restore point. I don't think it has ever worked (at least not long term) for me. Generally, if I put a CAT862 there, it is a permanent change until the server can be replaced. Again, I think we have 2-3 there out of about 200.

        Comment

        Working...