Sony SRX-R220 custom ini file

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Matt Fields
    Newbie
    • Jun 2020
    • 18
    • Columbus, Ohio

    #1

    Sony SRX-R220 custom ini file

    I have a Sony SRX-R220 that lost its SMS server. A new one was purchased, and everything is working except I can not get it to see/use the custom SMSmanager .ini file.

    The file is to allow the 1 Sms server NIC to pass both management and media network on different ports.

    I dropped the file in the /home/sms/apps/conf folder but its not doing anything.

    How do I get it to use the file?
  • Carsten Kurz
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1481
    • Germany

    #2
    This file should already exist on any SMS/LMT200 by default. Typically, you just modify the existing one.

    I usually use vi to add or modify items that I need, and just save with ESC followed by :wq .

    #vi/home/sms/apps/conf/SMSMgrServer_custom.ini

    NEVER overwrite the full SMSMgrServer.ini file!!! Changes/overwrites should only be done to the SMSMgrServer_custom.ini !

    There is a section in the Sony installation manuals covering it. If you need it, tell me.

    - Carsten

    Comment

    • Matt Fields
      Newbie
      • Jun 2020
      • 18
      • Columbus, Ohio

      #3
      Thanks Carsten if you could pass on the manual that would be great.

      Comment

      • Carsten Kurz
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1481
        • Germany

        #4
        Try e.g. this: (towards the end - Appendix –
        Editing the custom.ini file):

        https://manualzz.com/doc/25797588/dc...cessor-control

        Comment

        • Matt Fields
          Newbie
          • Jun 2020
          • 18
          • Columbus, Ohio

          #5
          So I was able to get to the file via the terminal, edit and save, and reboot. Not working. E5EA6424-3E6E-4ED1-8912-CE268F554AC1.jpeg The important VLAN part is pictured.

          any suggestions as to why it’s not working?

          Comment

          • Carsten Kurz
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1481
            • Germany

            #6
            Can you try to change any other custom setting in this file to see wether it's actually read by the system during boot? If the file is actually used by the SMS, there must be something wrong with the specific routing/VLAN setting.

            Comment

            • Matt Fields
              Newbie
              • Jun 2020
              • 18
              • Columbus, Ohio

              #7
              I figured out what is going on with this, I need to reconfigure eth0. If anyone has the default Sony Linux root password please PM me. Thanks in advance

              Comment

              • Stefan Scholz
                Pro Film Handler
                • Jan 2020
                • 298
                • Berlin Germany

                #8
                Originally posted by Matt Fields
                I figured out what is going on with this, I need to reconfigure eth0. If anyone has the default Sony Linux root password please PM me. Thanks in advance
                Would be great to have. We've never been told or given the root pw, Jap secret.

                Comment

                • Ioannis Syrogiannis
                  Pro Film Handler
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 286
                  • Reykjavík, Iceland

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Carsten Kurz
                  ...
                  NEVER overwrite the full SMSMgrServer.ini file!!! Changes/overwrites should only be done to the SMSMgrServer_custom.ini !
                  ...
                  Yet, when an update is applied, that file is reverted to the original.
                  One can argue here that updates on SRX-R220 is not something to hold your breath for.

                  I figured out what is going on with this, I need to reconfigure eth0. If anyone has the default Sony Linux root password please PM me. Thanks in advance
                  I have only worked with R300s and R500s, but I am reasonably certain that reconfiguring the network is something that can be done via the user interface and with some installer password.
                  During installation, the "SMSMgrServer_custom.ini" should be the only reason to use a terminal. And that is mostly for setting Audio Processor Control Configuration.

                  The file (custom) is empty, so what I was doing was copy only the lines that I wanted to alter from the SMSMgrServer.ini file and alter those.

                  I am more of a fan of nano over vi or vim, due to it being less demanding to remember how to save, close, change from edit to navigate, search etc.
                  Yet, vi is the application all linux distros will have available.

                  Comment

                  • Jon Leyden
                    Newbie
                    • Apr 2021
                    • 3
                    • Concord, CA, USA

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Carsten Kurz
                    Try e.g. this: (towards the end - Appendix –
                    Editing the custom.ini file):

                    https://manualzz.com/doc/25797588/dc...cessor-control
                    Hey Carsten,

                    I've seen you give a LOT of awesome advice for Sonys, so I was hoping to hop on this thread. The CP650 commands listed in that DCB are different from the commands listed in the configurable flags found at the bottom of SMSMgrServer.ini
                    Do you know if the DCB is old flags that are now unused? I tried using both and was unable to boot, removed the DCB flags and was able to reboot fine, although the audio processor option was stilled greyed out...

                    Comment

                    • Carsten Kurz
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 1481
                      • Germany

                      #11
                      Do you use an SRX-R220, R320, or SRX-R51x?

                      We use an AP20, so I have no direct experience with a CP650. I would translate the commands from the SMSMgrServer.ini into the custom.ini, and use the manual only as a guideline. The later Sonys also deal differently with e.g. the CP750 than they do with the CP650.

                      - Carsten

                      Comment

                      • Ioannis Syrogiannis
                        Pro Film Handler
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 286
                        • Reykjavík, Iceland

                        #12
                        Also, if you boot the XCT-S10 without the CP650 already connected and on, you might find the audio commands missing as well. (From the SPLs as well.)

                        Comment

                        Working...