Automating Crestron CLS-C6W lighting system

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Sean McKinnon
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 269
    • Boston (Peabody), Ma

    #16
    Bruce, If they have teamviewer access to a computer that we can download software onto and be connected to their processor we have a Crestron programmer who could probably help. If not Boston is a lot closer to maine than Pittsburgh. Do they have a regu;ar service tech?

    Comment

    • Bruce Cloutier
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 429
      • Pittsburgh, PA USA

      #17
      He had mentioned that his service tech is at least an hour away. He could already be a customer. I think he's like dead center in Maine. I don't remember the business details but it made sense for him to avoid the $$$ although he is upgrading the projector. He has the one modified keypad that the JNIOR can control although we can't confirm that the keypad is functional or had ever been before I messed with it. So I suppose that if we can add that keypad to his system he'd be all set. If you email me directly I can hook you up.

      Comment

      • Justin d'Entremont
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 47
        • Campbellton, NB

        #18
        I know this costs money, but I've had good success with 2nd hand Lutron equipment, that you can talk to over RS-232 or IP. Could rip the Crestron out and replace with Lutron for around $500 US.

        Comment

        • Bruce Cloutier
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 429
          • Pittsburgh, PA USA

          #19
          He has 2 screens and I think he has Kneisley dimmers, if I am spelling that correctly, in the other house which we are already controlling. It's a non-profit and they also do performing arts. I think he more doesn't want to disrupt things that much.

          Comment

          • Gordon McLeod
            Expert Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 565
            • Toronto Ontario Canada

            #20
            Kniesley dimmers are the Smart design and use dry contact pulses to control

            Comment

            • Sean McKinnon
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 269
              • Boston (Peabody), Ma

              #21
              yeah can they just go completely around the crestron and hit the dry contacts on the dimmer itself or do they need the feedback on the crestron panel?

              Comment

              Working...