Windows 8 FTP server/IMS3000 issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jon Dent
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2021
    • 420
    • Thief River Falls, MN USA

    #1

    Windows 8 FTP server/IMS3000 issues

    Hi all. I'm trying to set up an ftp server on our Windows 8 control computer in order to streamline delivery of custom content we create. I've got the FTP server set up with no SSL and basic authentication, but when I try to access it from our IMS3000 using our Windows account login, I get an "Error Fetching http headers" popup.

    Any suggestions?

    EDIT: For additional info:

    The computer is hooked up to the internet through a wireless USB dongle with the traditional 192.168.1.x addressing, but the server(s) are wired up to the physical ethernet port, which is set to a different IP address range (10.10.90.x). I'm using the 10.19.90.x address to try to access it from the IMS3000.
  • Leo Enticknap
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3572
    • Loma Linda, CA

    #2
    I've never seen that error message. However, have you opened up the FTP ports (20 and 21) in the Windows Defender firewall, and/or any other security software you have installed on the PC?

    Comment

    • Frank Cox
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 2314
      • Melville Saskatchewan

      #3
      If it's set up as ftp there shouldn't be any "http headers" involved.

      That's like ordering pizza and having the delivery guy show up with parts for your car.

      Comment

      • Jon Dent
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2021
        • 420
        • Thief River Falls, MN USA

        #4
        I agree completely, yet here we are......

        image.png​

        Filezilla client is able to log in:

        image.png​

        Comment

        • Frank Cox
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 2314
          • Melville Saskatchewan

          #5
          If that's a webpage you're doing that setup through, the "http headers" thing might be related to that webpage itself rather than the setting up of the ftp service.

          Try clearing the browser cache/clearing the cookies/try a different web browser.

          Comment

          • Leo Enticknap
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3572
            • Loma Linda, CA

            #6
            I've had problems with anonymous authentication from DolRemi servers before. Suggest defining an actual Windows username that has read access to the server in your setup.

            The attached sheet (I never had time to finish it - sorry) skates over that part, which is in the site creation wizard; but when you get to it, it's pretty self explanatory. Incidentally, the IMS3000 will work if the directory browsing option is set to MS-DOS, but at least one other commonly found DCP server (the Barco ICMP) won't.
            Attached Files

            Comment

            • Jon Dent
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2021
              • 420
              • Thief River Falls, MN USA

              #7
              That first screenshot is trying to test the connection from the IMS3000. All it should do is say 'Success' or some kind of error. That's what it does with the Deluxe server and the other IMS3000

              EDIT: Thanks Leo. I'll check it out.

              Comment

              • Jon Dent
                Pro Film Handler
                • Jan 2021
                • 420
                • Thief River Falls, MN USA

                #8
                Leo, you wonderful SOB that was it. Adding a new user with access and setting the sharing permission on the folder worked.

                Thank you!

                Comment

                Working...