Barco SP2K Newbe questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Geoff Power
    Newbie
    • Mar 2022
    • 7
    • Pershore, Worcestershire, UK

    #1

    Barco SP2K Newbe questions

    Please excuse what are probably silly newbie questions, but our new Sp2K-11s was installed last week while I was off with Covid, so no chance for a handover session!
    Slowly getting to grips with the OS, but have a couple of questions to start with ...
    Is it possible and safe to open 2 or more Ingest windows, one for each source (eg Lansat, USB, Old DoReMe server etc) without having to rescan at every change?
    Having set a feature to ingest I find that KDM ingests are then queued behind it, and not ingested in the background like in DoReMe. Is there a workaround?
    Thanks for your patience!
  • Leo Enticknap
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3572
    • Loma Linda, CA

    #2
    I'm assuming that your server is an ICMP-X.

    Presumably you could open multiple ingest sources in new browser tabs for ease of reference, and select and queue for ingest from all of them at random; though I've never tried to do that. The ICMP-X treats KDMs in the same way as CPLs, and so it'll ingest them in the order that they were queued, along with everything else.

    Comment

    • Carsten Kurz
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1481
      • Germany

      #3
      There is a second ingest method for KDMs - under the content tab, select KDMs, and you can drag them onto the window that opens. I would assume that this method ingests them while a feature ingest is still running. Though I am not sure wether that works.
      I suggest you read the ICMP manuals - lot's of information there that can not be found by trial & error.

      Comment

      • Geoff Power
        Newbie
        • Mar 2022
        • 7
        • Pershore, Worcestershire, UK

        #4
        Thanks for the useful info - I wasn't aware I needed the ICMP Manual! But on the Barco website all I could find was some very basic video tutorials, covering ingests, show creation and scheduling. Is the a full PDF manual anywhere?

        Comment

        • Carsten Kurz
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1481
          • Germany

          #5
          Didn't you receive the manual with the install? The manuals are only available to MyBarco account holders. I guess someone will contact you about a download option, if not, get back to me and I will upload the most recent version.

          Comment

          Working...