Christie Cp2200 Red satellite error

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Edward Dinh
    Newbie
    • Apr 2020
    • 10
    • Vietnam

    #1

    Christie Cp2200 Red satellite error

    Hi everyone,
    After 1.5 months not working due to Covid-19, yesterday, I turned on my CP2210 and received some critical errors:

    Satellite hardware Mismatch
    Red Satellite link error
    Red Satellite firmware Configuration...

    Anyone has experience about this? As I searched on the google and on the forum but can't see any information.

    Many thanks for your information.
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #2
    I had a blue satellite error on my CP2210 a few years ago and it needed a light engine replacement to fix it.

    Comment

    • Edward Dinh
      Newbie
      • Apr 2020
      • 10
      • Vietnam

      #3
      So what is different between blue satellite and red satellite? Can't find much information about red satellite

      Comment

      • Frank Cox
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 2314
        • Melville Saskatchewan

        #4
        I don't know much about the interior working of these things, but I assume (and someone who knows more about it can correct me) that there would be three "satellites", one red, one blue and one green. RGB and all that, you know. When my blue satellite quit, I had no blue colour in the projected image. If the red satellite quits, you'll probably have no red colour in the projected image.

        Comment

        • Marcel Birgelen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3619
          • Maastricht, NL

          #5
          Like Frank indicated, they are the independent colors of your light engine. The light engine is what transforms three beams of light into an actual picture, using three Micro-mirror devices, the so called DMDs or DLP chips.

          Right now, the projector can't communicate with the Red DMD, it detects a hardware problem. In the best case, it's just a loose connection in the worst case, it means a repair on the light-engine or a complete replacement.

          Check if your unit might still be under some kind of warranty first, if it isn't, then I think it will be a wise decision to get a service technician over to check your light engine.

          Comment

          • Carsten Kurz
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1481
            • Germany

            #6
            Originally posted by Edward Dinh
            Hi everyone,
            After 1.5 months not working due to Covid-19, yesterday, I turned on my CP2210 and received some critical errors:
            So, was this system shut down and not powered up for 6-7 weeks now?


            Comment

            • Edward Dinh
              Newbie
              • Apr 2020
              • 10
              • Vietnam

              #7
              Yes. After re-connection. It seems to work now. However, another problem that the door not open. A technician said that I can remove it because it is not really neccessary. Is it right?
              3FA378EA-9A6B-43CD-8FC4-8426029481BF.jpeg

              Comment

              • Edward Dinh
                Newbie
                • Apr 2020
                • 10
                • Vietnam

                #8
                33485860-F562-476D-A6D2-28614156D1C8.jpeg

                Comment

                • Marcel Birgelen
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 3619
                  • Maastricht, NL

                  #9
                  With the door you mean the dowser?

                  Comment

                  • Leo Enticknap
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 3572
                    • Loma Linda, CA

                    #10
                    I'm guessing that heat cycling worked the connector of a cable loose between the motherboard and the green formatter (or a card in the cage, e.g. the ICP), and that we'll be hearing a lot of stories like this as theaters start to re-open on a significant scale.

                    Comment

                    • Edward Dinh
                      Newbie
                      • Apr 2020
                      • 10
                      • Vietnam

                      #11
                      Yes. The dowser now is not open. So when It operates, I can only hear the sound but the screen is black. A technician suggest me to remove the dowser. Is it right?

                      Comment

                      • Elia Orselli
                        Pro Film Handler
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 273
                        • Imola, Bologna, Italy

                        #12
                        It is. Christie older dowsers have a plastic part that breaks with heat. New dowsers have a metal cap on it to solve the issue.

                        Comment

                        • Marcel Birgelen
                          Film God
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 3619
                          • Maastricht, NL

                          #13
                          The dowser is, technically, not necessary to project a picture. Still, for the sake of showmanship, a dowser is still an important feature when there is no picture on-screen for a prolonged time or between format changes

                          So, yes, you can remove it, but I'd see it as a temporary fix. I'd try to get a replacement part and indeed, try to get one with a metal cap. Since Christie has changed their dowser design in-between, you may put a bit of pressure on them and tell them that it's a design failure, maybe you'll get a discount out of it.

                          Comment

                          • Edward Dinh
                            Newbie
                            • Apr 2020
                            • 10
                            • Vietnam

                            #14
                            Thanks for your information. Do you know how much for a replacement one? (Roughly)

                            Comment

                            • Marcel Birgelen
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 3619
                              • Maastricht, NL

                              #15
                              It's not common to list prices here and I don't know about Christie, but I've ordered one from Barco a while ago, because of a defective motor/actuator and it was about $1500. Now, Barco has raised their prices for spare parts significantly, but lowered the prices on their extended warranty. For the actual price you need to ask your distributor. But if your model is still a plastic one, I'd raise the issue of the plastic one being replaced by a metal one.

                              Comment

                              Working...