Barco S4 firmware 1.7.4 package pulled from release

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ioannis Syrogiannis
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 286
    • Reykjavík, Iceland

    #16
    Originally posted by Elia Orselli
    1.7.6 is now available on myBarco website
    [...](infoT1599)[...]
    That Info just made available on Barco.
    I was wondering why, since the date of the document is April the 13th. Then, I saw that the last of the signees signed yesterday.
    (Today, on some areas of the world.)

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #17
      A lot of their software/firmware updates have dates on them that are several weeks earlier than when they actually go up on the website, too.

      Comment

      • Antti Näyhä
        Film Handler
        • May 2020
        • 34
        • Helsinki, Finland

        #18
        I just updated an ICMP (non-X) from 1.4.4.7 to 1.4.4.9 and horizontal masking stopped working completely. I was in a bit of a hurry, so I didn’t check if vertical masking was affected as well – just quickly rolled back to 1.4.4.7 and everything was back to normal.

        Comment

        • Antti Näyhä
          Film Handler
          • May 2020
          • 34
          • Helsinki, Finland

          #19
          To be exact, the previous message was about a Series 3 setup. Version 1.7.6 is working perfectly on our Series 4 machines (masking and all) even though it contains 1.4.4.9 for ICMP-X.
          Last edited by Antti Näyhä; 05-29-2023, 03:35 AM.

          Comment

          • Steve Guttag
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3777
            • Annapolis, MD

            #20
            S4 running 1.7.6 has not been an issue for me (at least not yet). The last ICMP I updated was to 1.4.4.7 so, no help there.

            Comment

            • Leo Enticknap
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3572
              • Loma Linda, CA

              #21
              Did my first 1.7.6 (from 1.6.9, in a SP4K-25C with an ICP-D and an SR-1000) update yesterday, and all was OK afterwards.

              Comment

              • Magnus Eriksson
                Film Handler
                • May 2020
                • 58
                • Hagersten, Stockholm, Sweden

                #22
                1.4.4.9 is evil
                Yesterday I updated three ICMP:s, two -X and one without X. The two ICMP-X worked fine, but the one without X messed up all screen files.
                They could not be adjusted, the masking just behaved wierd. Deleting all screen files and replacing them with new ones from another auditorium did not help.
                Backed to 1.4.4.6 and all went back to normal.

                I have had no issues with SP2/4K and 1.7.6

                @Annti: what model of ICMP did you try?

                /M.E.

                IMG_04191.jpg

                Comment

                • Magnus Eriksson
                  Film Handler
                  • May 2020
                  • 58
                  • Hagersten, Stockholm, Sweden

                  #23
                  From Cinionic/Barco:
                  The problem was reproduced in the lab only on the old ICMPs with Display Ports, for the moment it is advised to use version 1.4.4.6 until the problem will be resolved.

                  Comment

                  • Leo Enticknap
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 3572
                    • Loma Linda, CA

                    #24
                    Did they say whether this was in both the original mk. I ICMP (two DPs and one HDMI) and the ICMP+ (second version; can't remember the configuration, but I think it's two HDMIs and one DP), or just the original mk. I?

                    In any case, the takeaway seems to be that updating to Series 4 1.7.6 (with ICMP-X v1.4.4.9 baked into it) is safe, because only the ICMP-X will work in a Series 4 projector: there is no danger of an older ICMP being in one. But when updating ICMPs in Series 2 projectors, we need to be careful.

                    Comment

                    • Antti Näyhä
                      Film Handler
                      • May 2020
                      • 34
                      • Helsinki, Finland

                      #25
                      My masking problem with 1.4.4.9 was indeed on the first ICMP model, the one with two DP’s.

                      Comment

                      Working...