GDC SR-1000 and Christie CP2215 automating Lens settings changes?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Eric Wood
    Newbie
    • Nov 2022
    • 13
    • Los Angeles, CA, USA

    #1

    GDC SR-1000 and Christie CP2215 automating Lens settings changes?

    I've been trying to figure out how to automate changing lens settings with this configuration. We have three "channels" saved for Scope, Flat, and 1080P (for HDMI content.) We can change them on the little touch screen panel for the projector, but it seems like we ought to be able to automate that with the SR-1000 like we're able to do in our other location with our Doremi server and NEC projector. I just haven't been able to figure out how to do it between the SR-1000 and the CP2215. Is it possible? Does anyone have some insight? Thanks!
  • Leo Enticknap
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3572
    • Loma Linda, CA

    #2
    Very easily do-able. Simply create an automation device entry for the projector in the SR-1000:

    SR-1000_projector.png

    In this screenshot the projector is a Barco, but you would select Christie Series 2 from the dropdowns.

    Once created, the SR-1000 should let you build automation cues with commands to select the different channel numbers on the Christie, and those cues can be dropped into playlists as desired.

    Comment

    • Eric Wood
      Newbie
      • Nov 2022
      • 13
      • Los Angeles, CA, USA

      #3
      I'll go back and take another look. I thought I'd tried to make some automation cues, but couldn't get it to work. I saw "macros" available, but not "channels." I thought they might be the same, but no joy. Maybe I need to take a look at the automation device settings. Someone else made that entry and I assumed they were right, but maybe not. I shall continue to flog it.

      Comment

      • Leo Enticknap
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3572
        • Loma Linda, CA

        #4
        Setting up the devices and cues is significantly more fiddly in a GDC than in a DolReMi - it took me a little getting used to. But once I got the hang of it, I was fine. The SR-1000's web UI clarifies it significantly compared to the old SX VNC UI, though.

        Comment

        • Shibu Paul
          Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 82
          • India

          #5
          Use Shortcuts " Control" Add required macros First letter is q_ .
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

          Comment

          Working...