Sound Levels on Barbie

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frank Cox
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2314
    • Melville Saskatchewan

    #1

    Sound Levels on Barbie

    I got an email from Deluxe this afternoon with the subject line "Urgent: Sound Levels on Barbie – PLEASE READ"

    It has a pdf file attached that tells me (in big red letters) that Barbie is to be played at level 7 and do not adjust the volume.

    Since I'm not playing Barbie here until next Friday, I'm wondering what's the problem with the sound in it. Too loud? Too quiet? Something else?

    Did any of you fine folks who are playing Barbie right now notice anything about the sound that would prompt Deluxe to send out an "urgent" notice like that?
  • Philip Jones
    Film Handler
    • May 2020
    • 49
    • England

    #2
    It seemed completely normal to me. We just played it on our normal level.

    Comment

    • Marco Giustini
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1169
      • Reading, UK

      #3
      Great job, so next time they send an actual URGENT letter, it'll be ignored.

      Comment

      • Jim Cassedy
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1450
        • San Francisco

        #4
        Originally posted by Frank Cox
        (edited) "Urgent: Sound Levels on Barbie "
        I know my Barbie sound levels are correct- - I set them using pink noise!.


        Comment

        • Harold Hallikainen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1073
          • Tucson AZ

          #5
          Originally posted by Jim Cassedy
          I know my Barbie sound levels are correct- - I set them using pink noise!.

          Perfect!!!

          Comment

          • Mike Blakesley
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 2021
            • Forsyth MT

            #6
            These sound letters are nothing new. I think they are usually the product of some director wanting to make sure his movie sounds like he expects it to sound, but it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything special about the mix.

            Comment

            • William Kucharski
              Pro Film Handler
              • May 2020
              • 249
              • Louisville, Colorado, USA

              #7
              Originally posted by Philip Jones
              It seemed completely normal to me. We just played it on our normal level.
              Not that I would go see Barbie, but that's disappointing to me per usual.

              Comment

              Working...