Diagnose the problem...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jon Dent
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2021
    • 420
    • Thief River Falls, MN USA

    #1

    Diagnose the problem...

    Hello smart people... Are we dealing with a light engine failure? NEC 1200c about 11 years old.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
  • Marco Giustini
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1169
    • Reading, UK

    #2
    We chatted about a similar issue here: http://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/m...-contamination

    Indeed an engine issue, that's Green missing I suppose. If you put up full screen colour patterns, you should see which colour is affected.

    Comment

    • James Gardiner
      Expert Film Handler
      • Nov 2021
      • 500
      • Melbourne, Australia

      #3
      That looks like a lens coating is burnt or similar (For example in the prisms that bring the light together for a single colour). I don;t think its a DMD. But in any case, I hear NC1200 light engines are very hard to come by these days.
      It could be a total replacement result.

      Comment

      • Mark Gulbrandsen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3093
        • Nashville, TN

        #4
        Originally posted by James Gardiner
        That looks like a lens coating is burnt or similar (For example in the prisms that bring the light together for a single colour). I don;t think its a DMD. But in any case, I hear NC1200 light engines are very hard to come by these days.
        It could be a total replacement result.
        Strong used to be able to clean them and replace any bad DMD's. Check the entire optical system and rear element of the lens for dirt and a possible crack. I had a bad integrator once that also made the image look very strange. Those S2 NEC's do produce occasional dust deposits on the light engine optics, mainly happens as a result of not using the reccomended NEC Heppa filters.

        Comment

        Working...