And here is the alignment video....
Switching laptops with my ims2000 server
Collapse
X
-
-
So I have the new laptop to swap out. This might be a dumb question but once I configure the network how do I get the ims2000 software on my computer? The dolby website? Or does that happen when I plug the network cable into the new laptop? I just got a surface with windows 10. Thanks!
Comment
-
The IMS2000's user interface is in the form of a built-in web server, so all the computer needs is a regular browser. You'll need to configure a wired network address for the new computer on the same subnet as the IMS2000 (assuming that this is not taken care of by a DHCP server in a router on the management LAN). Once that has been done, simply enter the address of the IMS2000 into the browser's address bar and push enter.Comment
-
Can I be the party-pooper and suggest you don't need a new laptop to monitor a bunch of cinema projectors and servers?
Unless you use it for something else as well, a fresh install is probably all you need. If it's running Windows 10, you can use the "reset this computer" feature. You will then still need to configure the network etc.Comment
-
Ok that makes sense. Thanks for answering my question!The IMS2000's user interface is in the form of a built-in web server, so all the computer needs is a regular browser. You'll need to configure a wired network address for the new computer on the same subnet as the IMS2000 (assuming that this is not taken care of by a DHCP server in a router on the management LAN). Once that has been done, simply enter the address of the IMS2000 into the browser's address bar and push enter.Comment
Comment