D-Box Tech Info?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #1

    D-Box Tech Info?

    Although I've searched online, I can't seem to find any useful technical information on the D-Box™
    Motion system. There is some information online about the hardware, and it's specifications, but
    what I've been really curious about is how and where the D-Box info is encoded on a DCP.
    Is it assigned to one of the normally 'unused' audio tracks? What type of bitstream is it?
  • Mike Babb
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 45
    • Norwich, UK

    #2
    Patrick Artiaga just went from GDC to Dbox if you happen to know him, I think he is even in the bay area

    Comment

    • Harold Hallikainen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1073
      • Tucson AZ

      #3
      Originally posted by Jim Cassedy
      Although I've searched online, I can't seem to find any useful technical information on the D-Box™
      Motion system. There is some information online about the hardware, and it's specifications, but
      what I've been really curious about is how and where the D-Box info is encoded on a DCP.
      Is it assigned to one of the normally 'unused' audio tracks? What type of bitstream is it?
      Yes, it is on track 13. See https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/st...number=9161348 page 16. I don't know if it is a binary datastream (like SMPTE binary sync) or an FSK bitstream (like SMPTE/Dolby FSK sync), or something else.

      Or, they could even use a Teddy Ruxpin, animation track, but I doubt it.

      Harold


      Comment

      Working...