Dolby CP750 Front Panel Programming

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Paul Finn
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 106
    • Bay City, Michigan

    #1

    Dolby CP750 Front Panel Programming

    There are two "Front-Panel Menu Navigation Buttons" on the CP750. The instruction manual has no detailed information on their use in comparison to the CP650 manual for its apparently similar applications. Has anyone used these buttons on the CP750, absent the set-up software, and knows of detailed instructions/tables for the manual procedures?

    Thank you,
    Paul Finn

  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #2
    The only thing I remember using the front panel menu button for is to get the
    IP info. And I think I managed figure out how to change the mute fade-in &
    out time once while working at a film festival. Most of the time if I was going
    to a location where I knew I'd encounter a '750, I'd bring along a cheap Lenovo
    netbook with the CP-750 setup program on it, rather than deal with the front panel.

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #3
      If I remember correctly, they just cycle through screens of status information (the most useful one being, as Jim points out, the IP address, meaning that you don't have to f*** about with Wireshark or an RS232 connection if you're connecting to it for the first time and don't know its address), and the only setting you can actually change via the front panel is the display brightness.

      Comment

      • Marco Giustini
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1169
        • Reading, UK

        #4
        correct, they just cycle through a few screens. You can set 7.1 there (*) and display the IP and FW version. Nothing else.

        (*) 7.1 MUST be activated for 7.1 tracks and de-activated for 5.1 tracks. This can be done via network if the server has been programmed. Don't set it up to 7.1 and leave it like that thinking that it's "better" than 5.1

        Comment

        • Leo Enticknap
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3572
          • Loma Linda, CA

          #5
          If you're using an RJ45 to DB25 adapter for the AES3 input, it also needs to be correctly pinned for CP750 7.1, too. Pre-CP850 Dolby processors used a unique Dolby pinout scheme: they did not use the Tascam pinout scheme. Dolby has a cheat sheet that tells you what to poke where if you're using one of their no solder "pin it yourself" adapters.

          Comment

          Working...