Correcting Audio Delay in Cinemas

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jim Cassedy
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1450
    • San Francisco

    #16
    Originally posted by Mike Babb
    One note, I first saw the sync check box many years ago when working with MPS
    engineers in London, bought mine the next week, and have never had a filmmaker question sync since.
    I got hooked on using the "Sync One-2" when working in the Dolby HQ screening rooms, and although they're
    not cheap, I went out & bought one too, since I was also working as a "guest projectionist" at several San
    Francisco screening rooms, and many local film fests. - - and, not having to waste time quibbling with fussy
    film-makers & frantic festival organizers over perceived sync issues was worth the price!

    The "Sync One-2" boxes were out of production for a while immediately before and during the coronapacoplyse,
    but they are available again, with improved software and a few enhancements. Fortunately, mine was still of a new
    enough that I was able to upgrade the software so that it is functionally equivalent to the new units. I only
    wish there was a 35mm analog/digital film loop available to test with.​

    Comment

    • Sean McKinnon
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 269
      • Boston (Peabody), Ma

      #17
      Any sync/pop film should work. We made a 70mm DTS one with Universal, the folks who handle the DTS tracks now and Fotokem, If people are interested in a 35mm DD/DTS/Optical sync film for use with these types of tools speak up and we will look into making it if there is a demand,

      Comment

      • Harold Hallikainen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1073
        • Tucson AZ

        #18
        And there is a sync/pop DCP at http://ftp.uslinc.com/Products/LSS-2...t%20(cropped)/ .

        Comment

        Working...