Stretched images

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 77
    • Valladolid (Spain)

    #1

    Stretched images

    Hello.
    I need your help:
    We just married a new GDC SR1000 with our Barco DP2K10S projector without issues and we tryed to project some contens included in this IMB but all the images appears vertically stretched, as you get in a scope 35mm film without the anamorphic lens...
    We get this problem no mather if the contens is Flat or Scope...

    This BARCO projector has been married before with a Doremi IMS1000 that was dead (due certificate lost), and I'm using the stored makros, lens, screen, input, PFC... files with this new server, so I think the problem came from the GDC server.
    It seems like the GDC is sending to the BARCO not square pixels... but I can't see where can I change it... (I'm not very familiar with this GDC brand, as we only worked with Qube, Doremi and Alchemi servers before.

    Any idea?

    Thanks!!
  • Jose Angel Velasco
    Film Handler
    • May 2020
    • 34
    • Barcelona, Spain

    #2
    Maybe the setting of the projector input in interlaced?

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #3
      Ensure that the input file is set to "MediaBlock" (this projector had an Alchemy in it that was later replaced with an IMS3000, hence all the ICMP input files being there: I had to import the MediaBlock.input file later):

      image.png​


      ...and the IMB input settings are as so:

      image.png​

      As you can see, if IMB is selected as the input source, there should not be an option for an interlaced signal:

      image.png​

      If there is one, I would guess that you're using the wrong input file.

      If you don't have any luck there, try the PCF settings.

      Comment

      • Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
        Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 77
        • Valladolid (Spain)

        #4
        Originally posted by Jose Angel Velasco
        Maybe the setting of the projector input in interlaced?
        Hello!!.
        In parameters of the mediablock, in the communicator input setings, there is only the "progessive" option available, not interlaced...

        Thanks for your message...

        Comment

        • Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
          Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 77
          • Valladolid (Spain)

          #5
          Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
          Ensure that the input file is set to "MediaBlock" (this projector had an Alchemy in it that was later replaced with an IMS3000, hence all the ICMP input files being there: I had to import the MediaBlock.input file later):
          I see you have much more input files, but our projector has no other input file that the "Mediablock" file, so that's what is selected...

          As you told me, there is only the "progessive" option in the input settings.

          Maybe will be a corrupted "mediablock" input file?



          About the PCF files, I changes between different files and there is little changes in image size, but image are stretched.

          Let me say that the barco test cards, including the one with a circle, are OK, perfect round circle.

          I'm just wrote to GDC, and I'm wainting their answer.

          Thank you!!

          Comment

          • Leo Enticknap
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3572
            • Loma Linda, CA

            #6
            "MediaBlock" is the input file you need - that part of it is all good. The projector from which I took that screenshot previously had an Alchemy (ICMP) in it, and so started life with an ICMP base clone loaded. That was then pulled out and replaced with an ICP plus an IMS3000. Rather than have to nuke the projector and start from scratch with an IMB base clone (the lens, screen, and most other configuration files were still good), I copied the "MediaBlock" input file from another projector, hence that one having more input files than you'd normally see.

            If the test patterns are good, that narrows the problem down to the way the ICP is processing the image data it receives from the SR-1000. Sounds like it isn't using the correct pixel aspect ratio. I would suggest trying different PCF files as a next step. If you were using "DCDM_XYZ_185" and "DCDM_XYZ_239" with the IMS1000, maybe try "DCDM_XYZ_AUTO" with this player (or vice-versa if applicable)?

            Comment

            • Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
              Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 77
              • Valladolid (Spain)

              #7
              Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
              I would suggest trying different PCF files as a next step. If you were using "DCDM_XYZ_185" and "DCDM_XYZ_239" with the IMS1000, maybe try "DCDM_XYZ_AUTO" with this player (or vice-versa if applicable)?
              I will try it soon.

              Thanks Leo!!!

              Comment

              • Juan Jose Garcia Calvo
                Film Handler
                • Jan 2020
                • 77
                • Valladolid (Spain)

                #8
                Well... Today I powered up the system thinking to try again all the recommendations Leo gave to me and first of all I ingested two little DCPs made by me sometime ago to test the system and...
                EVERYTHING was PLAYED OK

                Next, I tested the CPLs that were included by GDC on their SR1000 (some trailers, audio test... etc..) , the same CPLs that I tested before and showed vertically stretched, and PLAYED OK TOO.

                I made a rookie mistake: I didn't restart the system when I found the stretched images problem...

                I only hope that the error will never return...

                Sorry to bother you!!

                Regards
                JuanJo

                Comment

                Working...