Barco Series 4 software update release thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #46
    Yeah...I read the release notes and decide if it is worth updating (anybody's software/firmware). That is why I note when I post these what modules are obviously affected (like the ICMP). 95% of mine are ICP-D so if the ICMP is the major cause for an update...skip. On the Dolby IMS3000...95% of mine (and all non-Atmos) don't have the sound processor option activated.

    BTW...you can still get 1.9.11 from Barco, as of this writing:

    image.png
    I'm sure it will be processed, all in due time.

    -Steve​

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #47
      1.9.12 is now on the website:

      image.png​

      Comment

      • Antti Näyhä
        Film Handler
        • May 2020
        • 34
        • Helsinki, Finland

        #48
        Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
        So the situation is that the new hardware variant of FMCB cannot read the airflow sensor behind the card cage air filter accurately? If so, I'm disappointed that this sensor has been disabled, even for projectors that still have the old variant of FMCB.
        Here's hoping that it's not an insurmountable hardware limitation – in other words, perhaps the sensor was disabled as a temporary measure, and that it's something that they will re-enable in a future software version once they've ironed out some quirks.

        Incidentally, how exactly have you been interpreting the front filter contamination values? I've only ever let the number go as far as 50–60 before changing or washing the filter. Does the projector actually trigger a warning when the contamination number reaches a certain limit? I'm not seeing any "High warning" or "High error" values for this specific readout… Not sure if I've missed something relevant in the manuals, or perhaps an Info-T.

        Comment

        • Steve Guttag
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3777
          • Annapolis, MD

          #49
          Is it me or are they not showing the unresolved issues (like the filter metric) in the release notes for this one.

          Comment

          • Steve Guttag
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3777
            • Annapolis, MD

            #50
            Version 1.9.13 has been released. ICMP firmware is updated in this one as well (ICP-D is not).

            It appears (though poorly worded) that the router software is the primary update for the projector itself, unless you are having one of the specific items listed in the bug fixes.


            1.1 Version 1.9.13 (Service release)

            This version includes the ICMP Software 1.4.4.34 and ICP-D software 1.2.1.16

            Change:
            • New router version: improve file transfer robustness (Update package / Diagnostic package)
            Bug Fixes:
            • • Fix an issue where security tamper can’t be cleared on the FREYA(+) unit
            • • Fix an issue where notification EN4102702 wasn’t activated correctly
            • • ICMP: Fix an issue that could occur during reboot when software RAID monitoring is still active
            Limitation:
            • • LUT-SCC 2D correction is not supported on SP2K models

            1.2 Version 1.9.12 (Service release)

            This version includes the ICMP Software 1.4.4.33 and ICP-D software 1.2.1.16

            Bug Fixes:
            • • Fix an issue where Macro execution wasn’t working with IMS-3000 and ICP-D
            • • Fix an issue were “Grading” license weren’t detected .
            Limitation:
            • • LUT-SCC 2D correction is not supported on SP2K models
            ​

            Comment

            • Carsten Kurz
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 1481
              • Germany

              #51
              I can not find 1.44.34 on the ICMP support page, 1.44.33 is the latest. Is this only for ICMP-X?

              Comment

              • Leo Enticknap
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3572
                • Loma Linda, CA

                #52
                A lot of ICP-D updates seem to be. My guess is that they only publish a standalone package for Series 2 projectors when a new version includes at least one bug fix or update that affects an ICP-D when it is installed in a Series 2 projector.

                Comment

                • Carsten Kurz
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1481
                  • Germany

                  #53
                  Probably just a matter of time.

                  Comment

                  • Steve Guttag
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 3777
                    • Annapolis, MD

                    #54
                    Just buy a new S4 projector and you can then get the newer software...simple!

                    Comment

                    • Leo Enticknap
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 3572
                      • Loma Linda, CA

                      #55
                      I think I've found a bug in 1.9.13. I've just installed two SP2K-9S projectors in a twin screen theater. One shipped with 1.9.5, the other with 1.9.12. They were fine initially, but after updating them to 1.9.13, I got this immediately after the reboot, on both projectors:

                      image.png​
                      Needless to say, I checked that the filters were all seated properly and the right way round, and that the airflow sensors were properly connected and seated. No hardware faults found.

                      I've opened a ticket with Barco and will update this thread with what they tell me. That this happened on two separate projectors immediately after installing 1.9.13 says to me it's a software bug.

                      Comment

                      • Leo Enticknap
                        Film God
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 3572
                        • Loma Linda, CA

                        #56
                        Confirmed by Barco that it's a known bug that will be fixed in 1.9.14, expected to be available by the end of the month.

                        I'm guessing that it only affects SP2K-S projectors, because I've updated numerous Bs and Cs to 1.9.13 without this rogue error message appearing.

                        Comment

                        • Steve Guttag
                          Film God
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 3777
                          • Annapolis, MD

                          #57
                          Thanks Leo! I have not had this issue but I have almost all SP4K series. I just checked and I have an SP2K-11S on 1.9.13 that hasn't issue the error, that I am aware (just checked the logs...no issues with that...it did have an ICP-D that drained its battery in less than a year to 2.6ish Volts).

                          Comment

                          • Elia Orselli
                            Pro Film Handler
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 273
                            • Imola, Bologna, Italy

                            #58
                            It's a known bug, but 1.9.13 said it was fixed

                            immagine.png​

                            Comment

                            • Steve Guttag
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 3777
                              • Annapolis, MD

                              #59
                              Has anyone heard why they stopped showing the contamination on the DLP filter? I presume this was in some relation to the MkII version of the SP4KC but it seems like it is something that we'd be better of with, than without.

                              Comment

                              • Elia Orselli
                                Pro Film Handler
                                • Jan 2020
                                • 273
                                • Imola, Bologna, Italy

                                #60
                                Contamination sensor since version 1.9.11 is unfortunately disabled on all SP2K and 4K models. Version 1.9.10 originally disabled the sensor only on "new generation of FMCB board", but the following version disabled that on all models.
                                I hope that the contamination value (even if imprecise) will come back as I trained many projectionists to use that to schedule filter cleaning/swap...

                                Comment

                                Working...