Hdmi input doesn't work on IMS3000

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Andrea Arcuri
    Newbie
    • Jan 2025
    • 18
    • Cefalù

    #1

    Hdmi input doesn't work on IMS3000

    I have a problem since yesterday on my ims3000, I connect hdmi, I set as input but nothing happens, I see a new screen on the pc named ims3000 but nothing happens on the screen, naturally lamp and dowser are on.
    Do you know anything to do?
  • Jose Angel Velasco
    Film Handler
    • May 2020
    • 34
    • Barcelona, Spain

    #2
    I don't know on IMS3000, but on ShowVault, you need to cut about 3mm the plastic cover of the HDMI cable connector because doesn't fit in whole on the ShowVault connector, and doesn't shows video on screen even if it's detected by the computer.

    Comment

    • Ryan Gallagher
      Film God
      • Nov 2022
      • 2855
      • Austin, Texas, USA

      #3
      Originally posted by Andrea Arcuri
      I have a problem since yesterday on my ims3000, I connect hdmi, I set as input but nothing happens, I see a new screen on the pc named ims3000 but nothing happens on the screen, naturally lamp and dowser are on.
      Do you know anything to do?
      I would assume since this is "new" behavior that it is the same aux device and cable that used to work previously? As Jose suggests not all HDMI cable moldings are created equal, might have a cable that is a bad fit. Also HDMI cables just "go bad", or were manufactured out of spec to begin with. Swapping cables certainly the first thing to try.

      Sometimes the cable will work well enough to do the EDID handshaking, and thus your computer sees the external device, but doesn't have video output.

      Is it a Windows laptop on the other end? are there USB-C adapters involved? Anything else in the signal path?

      Comment

      • Andrea Arcuri
        Newbie
        • Jan 2025
        • 18
        • Cefalù

        #4
        Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher

        I would assume since this is "new" behavior that it is the same aux device and cable that used to work previously? As Jose suggests not all HDMI cable moldings are created equal, might have a cable that is a bad fit. Also HDMI cables just "go bad", or were manufactured out of spec to begin with. Swapping cables certainly the first thing to try.

        Sometimes the cable will work well enough to do the EDID handshaking, and thus your computer sees the external device, but doesn't have video output.

        Is it a Windows laptop on the other end? are there USB-C adapters involved? Anything else in the signal path?
        I tried with 4 cable directly connected with windows or linux or mac and also with a media server but nothing

        Comment

        • Dave Macaulay
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 460
          • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

          #5
          Does the PC act like it's connecting? Usually the screen flashes oddly and afterward you can see the extra screen in display properties. But I haven't had an IMS3000 lose HDMI input operation.

          Comment

          • Ryan Gallagher
            Film God
            • Nov 2022
            • 2855
            • Austin, Texas, USA

            #6
            Originally posted by Dave Macaulay
            Does the PC act like it's connecting? Usually the screen flashes oddly and afterward you can see the extra screen in display properties. But I haven't had an IMS3000 lose HDMI input operation.
            from the OP it sounded like yes, OS sees the IMB as a second display but no picture.

            other question would be did any remote service work occur since it last functioned? Perhaps the alt channel configuration got messed up somehow?

            Comment

            • Leo Enticknap
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3572
              • Loma Linda, CA

              #7
              Suggest downloading a "detailed report" log package and uploading it to the analyzer.

              Assuming that this arrangement all worked OK until suddenly one day it didn't, I wonder if this could be a symptom of a failing boot flash drive, which is a well known issue with the IMS3000. A log analysis may flag this up. I haven't seen this specific behavior resulting from a failing boot flash before, but IMHO, it's worth checking out.

              Comment

              • Andrea Arcuri
                Newbie
                • Jan 2025
                • 18
                • Cefalù

                #8
                Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher

                from the OP it sounded like yes, OS sees the IMB as a second display but no picture.

                other question would be did any remote service work occur since it last functioned? Perhaps the alt channel configuration got messed up somehow?
                yes, pc sees IMS3000 but no pictures,
                which kind of remote service?

                Comment

                • Andrea Arcuri
                  Newbie
                  • Jan 2025
                  • 18
                  • Cefalù

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
                  Suggest downloading a "detailed report" log package and uploading it to the analyzer.

                  Assuming that this arrangement all worked OK until suddenly one day it didn't, I wonder if this could be a symptom of a failing boot flash drive, which is a well known issue with the IMS3000. A log analysis may flag this up. I haven't seen this specific behavior resulting from a failing boot flash before, but IMHO, it's worth checking out.
                  from analyzer only a audio watermark problem

                  Comment

                  • Ryan Gallagher
                    Film God
                    • Nov 2022
                    • 2855
                    • Austin, Texas, USA

                    #10
                    What model projector is this in? Maybe the issue is outside the IMS? Hopefully..,

                    That or the port has just gone bad.

                    Remote service, just meant if someone else manages updates and service calls by logging in remotely.

                    Comment

                    • Andrea Arcuri
                      Newbie
                      • Jan 2025
                      • 18
                      • Cefalù

                      #11
                      Originally posted by Ryan Gallagher
                      What model projector is this in? Maybe the issue is outside the IMS? Hopefully..,

                      That or the port has just gone bad.

                      Remote service, just meant if someone else manages updates and service calls by logging in remotely.
                      it is a Barco but it works perfectly with dcp

                      Comment

                      • Ryan Gallagher
                        Film God
                        • Nov 2022
                        • 2855
                        • Austin, Texas, USA

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Andrea Arcuri

                        it is a Barco but it works perfectly with dcp
                        I thought to check the projector cause I don't have an IMS here and you have to change channels on the projector for ALT sources, but I guess with an IMS, DCP vs ALT are the same input as far as the projector is concerned. Do you have a way to feed it an 3g or HD-SDI signal to test if the other alternative content options are working? If they do at least you'd have a workaround if you add a htmi->SDI converter box. But if they don't work might inform next steps?

                        Via HDMI, I would also confirm what resolution and frame-rate the laptop thinks it's sending. Did it handshake via EDID on something the IMS actually supports? Try 1920x1080 at different refresh rates. 24, 30, and 60hz at minimum should be supported by the IMB I would hope, along with other broadcast rates it might be hard to tell the laptop to do.
                        Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 03-29-2025, 11:52 AM.

                        Comment

                        • Marin Zorica
                          Pro Film Handler
                          • Feb 2020
                          • 150
                          • Croatia

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Andrea Arcuri

                          it is a Barco but it works perfectly with dcp
                          Maybe somebody made setup wrong. For example if you using hdmi on ims3k, than ims needs to switch to hdmi input, while projector still need to be switches to play from ims just like dcp.
                          I always made macro on ims that when sending commander for ims itself to switch for hdmi internet, also to send command for projector to switch for ims (flat 2k for example) just to be sure that ims is chosen.
                          Besides that it would not be the first time i have got ims3k that hdmi not working. Check above and if you are sure settings are ok, try to update ims. One time i have issue that hdmi on ims did not pass sound and updating with same firmware save the thing.
                          ​​​​

                          Comment

                          • Andrea Arcuri
                            Newbie
                            • Jan 2025
                            • 18
                            • Cefalù

                            #14
                            I sent Logs to Dolby and they said that should be the card broken and they have to change but asked me 1800€, wow.
                            any tip?
                            thanks

                            Comment

                            • Ryan Gallagher
                              Film God
                              • Nov 2022
                              • 2855
                              • Austin, Texas, USA

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Andrea Arcuri
                              I sent Logs to Dolby and they said that should be the card broken and they have to change but asked me 1800€, wow.
                              any tip?
                              thanks
                              I say confirm both methods of ALT are not working. If SDI is still working maybe you just switch to using that if you can't afford the repair charge right now.

                              Comment

                              Working...