That is not a bad price, and rackable would be an upgrade to our little 8-chan booth mixer that eats up about 6U when you account for it's pull out shelf and room for vertical patch cables. If HDMI Neo6 upmixing audio was still desired either an AV processor or disembedder could pass through 2ch analog. Two formats could be used, one without stage mics and direct digital (assuming you don't use an AV mixer to break out 6 or 8ch analog inputs), and one with stage inputs available (and auto-ducked). Switch between songs if you anticipate out of turn announcements and have to walk away during doors.
Our current mixer has a bit more features and is friendlier to make connections with in the moment, but no ducking.
Here is one on ebay, the newer equivalent 8ch Mackies include some digital features.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/336030706767
But I don't think we use it for anything that Berringer couldn't do currently. Though to be honest I've thought if we upgrade we should aim for a digital rack mixer that supports a remote app. 6 flights of stairs between stage and booth sucks when you are trying to test the stage mic and forgot to restore the level fader.
I've looked at the Berringer X-Air models before for their digital and network control features, but until you step up to the mini desktop version, they completely lack controls at the unit, HAVE to use network/app. Yuck. Price point for alternatives seems to be in a different class entirely.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-digital-mixer
I've had a few days off, next film is tomorrow and I'll play with my hdmi disembedder to see if that keeps windows/spotify happy. Baby steps.
I certainly won't get any real purchases approved on this "improve walkin" music project, at least not until we redo the rack somewhat, or wait for the eventual upgrades with restoration efforts (years away).
Our current mixer has a bit more features and is friendlier to make connections with in the moment, but no ducking.
Here is one on ebay, the newer equivalent 8ch Mackies include some digital features.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/336030706767
But I don't think we use it for anything that Berringer couldn't do currently. Though to be honest I've thought if we upgrade we should aim for a digital rack mixer that supports a remote app. 6 flights of stairs between stage and booth sucks when you are trying to test the stage mic and forgot to restore the level fader.
I've looked at the Berringer X-Air models before for their digital and network control features, but until you step up to the mini desktop version, they completely lack controls at the unit, HAVE to use network/app. Yuck. Price point for alternatives seems to be in a different class entirely.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-digital-mixer
I've had a few days off, next film is tomorrow and I'll play with my hdmi disembedder to see if that keeps windows/spotify happy. Baby steps.
I certainly won't get any real purchases approved on this "improve walkin" music project, at least not until we redo the rack somewhat, or wait for the eventual upgrades with restoration efforts (years away).
Comment