Vertical blue lines on Barco DP2K-12C

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Marco Giustini
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1169
    • Reading, UK

    #16
    Slightly OT: is DeOxit as good as they claim? It's fairly expensive and I don't believe it is available in Europe. I have used dry contact cleaner on backplanes and connectors before - successfully I must say even though it was always a preventative task - as I didn't want to use anything that would leave residues which may end up being more harm than anything else in the future.
    I believe Barco recommends a product which is super-expensive - hence my reluctance to use DIY lubricated contact cleaner. In fact, even the dry contact cleaner was a bit of a gamble as I was concerned that it may remove any special coating added at the factory.

    Comment

    • Steve Guttag
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3777
      • Annapolis, MD

      #17
      DeOxit works. I've used the 5% and Gold.

      Comment

      • Marco Giustini
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1169
        • Reading, UK

        #18
        Does it work better than the average "contact cleaner" in your opinion?

        Comment

        • Steve Guttag
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3777
          • Annapolis, MD

          #19
          Yes. "Contact Cleaner" is a bit too generic and I've found most of it, over the decades to be hit and miss or short lived success (works for a short period of time then the contact issues come back). When RoHS and the concern for other Ozone depleting environmental stuff, contact cleaners really became bad (didn't work well at all...sort of like electromechanical switches). DeOxit really does work and is the first contact cleaner and family of products that seemed to do what they claim and not just for a a short period of time.

          Comment

          • Gordon McLeod
            Expert Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 565
            • Toronto Ontario Canada

            #20
            This is one of my go to contact conditioners

            Comment

            Working...