Remind me what the symptoms of a 750 death are? We have one in our smaller room, and have recently started having to leave that rack powered because the soft button on our UPS gave up, so for now anyway, it's just staying on (or it was until we re-routed some things to the rack strip). I'd consider the top cover or push come to shove the external supply mod to prolong it's life and keep it good as a backup even if we end up with other gear in a refresh.
Barco Series 2 B and C Projector Firmware Thread
Collapse
X
-
-
[discussion moved here: https://www.film-tech.com/vbb/forum/...read#post56415 ]Last edited by Steve Guttag; 01-18-2026, 03:48 PM.Comment
-
Thanks. Aside from replacing a supply, I assume the caution is for that potential for it’s failure to risk other components that are much harder or impossible to service. So getting in front of it seems wise indeed.The internal power supply fails (you'll see typical electrolytic bulging). I'm wondering, as the supply starts to fail and the power rails sag (particularly on the 5V) if it doesn't ramp its power up to try an maintain the 5V while really spiking the +/- 15V rails. I've seen a CP750 where after the power supply was changed, the unit no longer had any output yet before the power supply failure, it did. So, something took out the audio on the way out. It had SOME level...just not much on any channel.
Typical failures includes diminishing levels, starting in the surrounds but it can affect all channels. The front panel will also start wigging out...buttons not lighting, screen not lighting or working right.Comment
-
-
FYI/Update on the Barco firmware greater than 2.10.118 and Dolby DSS200/CAT862 not reading projector presets/macros. Yesterday, I replaced the CCB in a DP2K-12C and, since it was a new CCB, decided to give the current (2.10.128) Barco firmware a try. This morning, after a server reboot, sure enough...no projector macros. Just the free-bee lamp on/off, douser open/close you get with any projector.
image.png
Reboot the server with the projector on...it populates it normally.
I'm thinking the problem is if the server is rebooted with the projector off, it clears the list...when the projector is turned on, the list is never repopulated (I waited a pretty long time to see if it would). Rebooting the server with the projector on populated the projector preset/macro list before the server came out of "Disconnected" (Dolby speak for inventorying content). So, the server clearly starts talking to the projector before it even starts talking to its own Show Store.
If you roll back to 2.10.118 (the shipping version on current CCBs), the problem does not appear.Comment
Comment