Showtime standardisation, inital draft. Input from industry request.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • James Gardiner
    Expert Film Handler
    • Nov 2021
    • 500
    • Melbourne, Australia

    #1

    Showtime standardisation, inital draft. Input from industry request.

    Hi all,

    I’ve released a new GitHub repository today aimed at developing a standardised format for sharing cinema showtime data.

    Project: CinemaShowtimes-JSON
    Repo: https://github.com/jamiegau/CinemaShowtimes-JSON

    I’d love for you to take a look and share any feedback on the initial release—particularly if there are elements I may have overlooked or features that should be included in the standard. (All fields are optional by design.)

    The format is intentionally broad, covering as many use cases as possible—though I recognise that trying to “do everything” can also create challenges.

    If anyone can assist with access to different vendor APIs, it would be greatly appreciated. This would allow me to build simple PHP converters that transform vendor-specific feeds into CinemaShowtimes-JSON.
    ​
  • Harold Hallikainen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1072
    • Tucson AZ

    #2
    Nice work, James!

    Comment

    Working...