Usl pca-100+

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Isak Mozard
    Newbie
    • Feb 2022
    • 1
    • SWEDEN

    #1

    Usl pca-100+

    Hi.

    I've got hold of a USL Pca-100+ color meter, but I didnt get the calibration file for it, so it's useless at the moment. Does anyone have knowledge and equipment to create a new one? Or is it a dead brick?

    All the best, Isak
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    The best person to ask doesn't frequent here that often. Tom Atkinson.

    Comment

    • Tj Hopland
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jun 2025
      • 264
      • Minneapolis, MN

      #3
      Did Qsc ever offer calibration on these? Or did that service end with USL? If QSC did I assume that ended with the rest of the cinema division?

      If these are orphan products now it would be nice to hear from someone from the original team how much variability and drift there was to know if it would be any worth finding a way to load some sort of a default file and still get some use out of it. IF they varied a lot or drifted a lot not having a proper calibration may make them useless now.

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #4
        We did get ours calibrated, post QSC acquisition. Again, Tom Atkinson was my point of contact.

        Comment

        • Ryan Gallagher
          Film God
          • Nov 2022
          • 2855
          • Austin, Texas, USA

          #5
          I missed a deal of a lifetime on a Colorimetry Research CR-200 on ebay last year... have a CR saved search and they never come up. Someone got a steal at about 1/3 of retail. I had trouble convincing myself to pull the trigger, even at that discount. Maybe it was someone here.

          Comment

          Working...