Small indie nonprofit theater under renovations trying to milk our current equipment as long as we can until we can afford to purchase new stuff. Playing a film this weekend and had two different issues. Equipment is Christie CP-2000ZX projector, Dolby DSS200 server, and Dolby CP650.
Last night, started the playlist from the server, got sound but zero picture. Lamp was on, douser was open. I could see some light coming through the lens but nothing on screen. Luckily this was during my quick test before we opened doors. I rebooted the server using the little reset button on the front and that fixed the issue. I had rebooted it earlier in the week to adjust the BIOS clock (I have to swap the battery; just haven't gotten to it yet), and did not test it afterwards.
Today, ran through my tests, everything was fine. Right before we were ready to start the playlist, we had an announcement to make, so I switched the CP650 over to our wireless mic. Sounded normal. When I switched back to the preset (sorry if that's not the right term) for the movie and started playing, the sound was atrocious (picture was fine). Sounded very distorted and I don't think it was even playing out of the correct speakers, though I didn't verify that. Stopped the playlist on the server, closed the douser, decided to reboot the 650 and that fixed the issue.
Just wondering if anyone has run into either or both of these issues and might know what causes it. Obviously the reboot helped but I'm curious if there's something different I should be doing.
Last night, started the playlist from the server, got sound but zero picture. Lamp was on, douser was open. I could see some light coming through the lens but nothing on screen. Luckily this was during my quick test before we opened doors. I rebooted the server using the little reset button on the front and that fixed the issue. I had rebooted it earlier in the week to adjust the BIOS clock (I have to swap the battery; just haven't gotten to it yet), and did not test it afterwards.
Today, ran through my tests, everything was fine. Right before we were ready to start the playlist, we had an announcement to make, so I switched the CP650 over to our wireless mic. Sounded normal. When I switched back to the preset (sorry if that's not the right term) for the movie and started playing, the sound was atrocious (picture was fine). Sounded very distorted and I don't think it was even playing out of the correct speakers, though I didn't verify that. Stopped the playlist on the server, closed the douser, decided to reboot the 650 and that fixed the issue.
Just wondering if anyone has run into either or both of these issues and might know what causes it. Obviously the reboot helped but I'm curious if there's something different I should be doing.
) does fix or at least improve on the issue in my limited experience. But it also introduces some new bugs, namely some clicking noise when switching formats.
Comment