NEC 900 lamp light issue
Collapse
X
-
-
I’m over 2 months out from ordering the part I needed it’s been back ordered with no ETA and no update from Sharp/NEC when their vendor is going to get it to them. Anyone maybe have one from a non working machine or be able to help with the part numbers of the connectors so I can order one from Mouser and assemble myself?
Comment
-
Sorry about that. SharpNEC seem to take a slightly different approach to EOL-ing products from Barco and Dolby. Instead of announcing a cutoff date after which parts are no longer available (and likely dumpstering their remaining inventory the following day), they appear to decide on a part by part basis not to do another production run, or to wait until they have a given number of back orders to do one, with the result that it becomes progressively more difficult to support their older models, rather than have to deal with a single, defined, end of support date.
We occasionally get used NC900s in; either working for resale as a complete unit, or with one or more major faults, for parting out the good components. I'm sure that the other dealers across the country do as well. I know that it's a pain, but it might be worth calling round a bit.Comment
Comment