JSD-100 Audio Loss After Firmware Upgrade

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chris Rasmussen
    Newbie
    • Oct 2022
    • 5
    • Berkeley, CA

    #1

    JSD-100 Audio Loss After Firmware Upgrade

    Never encountered this in several dozen JSD-100's on which I've run the same update, but I lost all audio output on two processors after the update and had to factory resets to restore. Anyone here encounter this who can possibly offer a fix?

    Thanks!
  • Harold Hallikainen
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1072
    • Tucson AZ

    #2
    I'm glad the restore worked! Is this the same firmware you put in other units? Were you updating the DSPs or the PIC or both? The JSD-100 did a binary save of the configuration that made it really difficult to add settings to the system. Later designs, like the JSD-60, save the configuration as text, avoiding that problem. As I recall (I'd have to look at the source code to be sure), I THINK the SD card MAY have the configuration saved as text. You might try saving the configuration to the SD card, do the firmware update, then restore the configuration from the SD card. That would get around a binary configuration compatibility issue.

    Oh, and also you SHOULD be able to save the configuration on the Windows application, then write it back to the JSD-100 after the update. IDEALLY that could fix the issue.

    Good luck!

    Comment

    • Gordon McLeod
      Expert Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 565
      • Toronto Ontario Canada

      #3
      We have regularly had issues with the AES input no longer working after the update on the JSD80's but funny the DTS XD10P didnt exhibit that problem

      Comment

      Working...