Just an FYI. If you use FireFox to access a web-based GUI on devices (like the JNIOR Series 4) you may get raw HTML displayed. There is some obscure vulnerability (CVE-2025-11712) that is prompting browsers to now block sites that do not have a Content-Type header (previously not required with PHP) and that utilize JavaScript.
One solution is to NOT use FireFox. I notice that it gets a crazy amount of hate on Reddit. Chrome still works.
I had to modify our WebUI to define the header. This isn't an operating system or web server issue. Pages being generated by PHP (and that include JavaScript) will need to deliberately include the header statement. That was not required in the past.
So I have added it to our WebUI index.php file. You can update your /flash/www/config.zip file on all of your JNIORs. Yeah, I don't like it either. You can update using the Support Tool although I am not sure if all of the update projects will themselves be updated immediately. It might be best to check with Support.
One neat thing that the JNIOR does is to serve an entire website out of a ZIP file. You don't need to extract the content. In fact the name of the ZIP serves as a virtual folder. So if you create a custom webpage by adding your own index.html file in /flash/www, you can still get to the WebUI using the URL [IP-Address]/config. So to update the WebUI just replace that file.
It would be good if you were to all run the latest OS in your JNIORs. But I don't trust anyone else's updates (especially MS) so, I can't expect that you would trust mine.
One solution is to NOT use FireFox. I notice that it gets a crazy amount of hate on Reddit. Chrome still works.
I had to modify our WebUI to define the header. This isn't an operating system or web server issue. Pages being generated by PHP (and that include JavaScript) will need to deliberately include the header statement. That was not required in the past.
So I have added it to our WebUI index.php file. You can update your /flash/www/config.zip file on all of your JNIORs. Yeah, I don't like it either. You can update using the Support Tool although I am not sure if all of the update projects will themselves be updated immediately. It might be best to check with Support.
One neat thing that the JNIOR does is to serve an entire website out of a ZIP file. You don't need to extract the content. In fact the name of the ZIP serves as a virtual folder. So if you create a custom webpage by adding your own index.html file in /flash/www, you can still get to the WebUI using the URL [IP-Address]/config. So to update the WebUI just replace that file.
It would be good if you were to all run the latest OS in your JNIORs. But I don't trust anyone else's updates (especially MS) so, I can't expect that you would trust mine.
Comment