We had some managers complain about having to run from an office to an auditorium to do quality checks on prints, so the company purchased a cheap amazon tablet that also gets used for inventory that they can do fine-playback-control with in the auditorium. For QC only it's really nice, but I agree with Jesse on having a physical keyboard. Ultimately it's best to create a scope of things you'd like a device to be able to manage, and select a device based on that scope.
Using a tablet to remotely control an IMS 3000
Collapse
X
-
-
More and more, we are putting in WiFi systems that allow for QC (and tech alignments) from the auditoriums. With everything moving to a web browser based UI, it just seems practical. I'm always trying to get my Q-SYS UCI more useful, and it is customer driven but without a doubt...if you are building a show or modifying it, a laptop/computer is going to be the better tool. That is what I carry with me.Comment
Comment