Doremi jnior

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Armand Daiguillon
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 244
    • Plantation, FL USA

    #1

    Doremi jnior

    Hi all -

    Things never seem to work for very long and everything is always breaking.
    lol - I feel like its a conspiracy sometimes

    So, I had an IMB just decide to die for no good reason. (it was a GDC SR1000 and since it was part of a Christie IMB upgrade at some point it is not fixable per GDC ...yay)
    Luckily I had some spare Doremi Showvaults lying around that I had the good forethought to ensure they got their cert upgrades before the deadline.
    I installed one of them in a very "rigged" manner as they were not designed for the Solaria ones. (had been used in NEC previously)
    I got everything working and shows are running except for one annoying thing. The JNIOR setup is so different between the GDC and Doremi - I could not get it to work even when copying a similar config from another location.

    In the GDC setup the lights off setup simply says "Activate coil 5" and for lights up "activate coil 3"
    The Doremi is not similar, while it is listed as a supported device and has all the correct defaults (port # login info, etc) the command structure is totally different.

    Attached is the GDC setup from the old IMB that shows how it was configured - also attached is how I have one setup at a location where its working.
    If someone knows the right syntax to say "activate coill 3/5" in the Doremi syntax it would be very helpful
    Right now we have to turn the lights up and down manually each show.

    Thanks !


    Armand
    gdcup.jpg doredown.jpg
  • Bruce Cloutier
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 429
    • Pittsburgh, PA USA

    #2
    It may not be the syntax. Or not entirely. The Doremi has had trouble connecting to the JNIOR. This relates to how the password for the JNIOR gets stored and transmitted. Basically, from my memory, depending on how you configure the JNIOR device on the Doremi (which dialogs) the password may be stored encrypted or not. Only the encrypted form works with the JNIOR protocol. The other fails.

    The JNIOR has numerous diagnostics that you can use to figure out what is happening. That might be better than guessing at Doremi configuration settings in hopes that something might work. The guys will help you tomorrow.

    From the JNIOR command line you can use NETSTAT to see if the Doremi is even connected to it. You can use NETSTAT -SD to actually watch the Doremi communication to the JNIOR. You can use the IOLOG -O command to see what I/O is changing and if at all. You can get details using HELP. Each Series 4 contains its own searchable users manual.

    This describes the Doremi connection issue. If you are real skilled you can actually find this article on our website.



    I have not been impressed with the underlying Doremi system programming.

    Our employees get weekends off. We will also be closed from Christmas Eve through Jan 5th. But while everyone gets the break, I would bet that if you need assistance during that time, someone would dive in and be there for you.







    Comment

    • Caleb Williams
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jun 2022
      • 149
      • Casper, Wyoming, USA

      #3
      Does the ShowVault have an option to add an action to the action pane from a library? An IMS2000 looks like IMG_2576.png. If you select library, then from the top dropdown select "jnior" if should give you a list of everything the ShowVault can tell the jnior to do, without having to figure out the binary command yourself

      Bruce also mentioned the credential issue on Doremi servers talking to jniors: This was an issue all the way to IMS3000-2nd to last software update and required a workaround. If you set up the macro, and execution fails you'll know you have that problem also
      Attached Files

      Comment

      • Armand Daiguillon
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 244
        • Plantation, FL USA

        #4
        Hi all - thanks for the responses. The Doremi can talk to the jnior - I mistakenly somehow got it to activate a masking motor that I didn't even know was connected. Didn't realize it did it until later. I did try to contact the jnior people first - but unfortunately not there weekends. I was not aware of the "library thing" I will try that. - Thanks !

        Comment

        • Armand Daiguillon
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 244
          • Plantation, FL USA

          #5
          The library thing worked - I got the correct "syntax" in there now. - Thanks !

          Comment

          Working...