Since we got our laser projector, we don't use Dolby 3-D anymore. I don't think there was even an option -- and I didn't see the point in putting in the Barco 3-D system when the only 3-D movies with any traction these days are the Avatar ones. It would have cost $9000 for the add-on plus we'd have had to put in a silver screen for who knows how many thousand more.
I wonder, is there any possibility that there may someday be a Dolby 3-D add-on for the Barco projector where we might use these glasses in the future? With my luck, I would trash all these glasses, and then the next week receive an email touting an all-new 3-D interface that uses the Dolby 3-D glasses for only $995!
So if there's any inkling of a possibility they might make a comeback I'll hang on to them. Otherwise, I wonder if anyone is even using Dolby 3-D anymore?
I wonder, is there any possibility that there may someday be a Dolby 3-D add-on for the Barco projector where we might use these glasses in the future? With my luck, I would trash all these glasses, and then the next week receive an email touting an all-new 3-D interface that uses the Dolby 3-D glasses for only $995!
So if there's any inkling of a possibility they might make a comeback I'll hang on to them. Otherwise, I wonder if anyone is even using Dolby 3-D anymore?
Comment