Hello all,
Every once in a while we'll have a film which plays but with subtitles (or captions) entirely or partially missing, which I'm starting to suspect is due to the timed text files failing to be unwrapped / extracted from the mxf files. If the film is manually loaded in Cinelister there is a "missing subtitles" warning, but since our new releases are scheduled (we have a TMS with Doremi Showvault servers) we've sometimes only discovered the subtitles are missing during a screening. It can be quickly rectified by reingesting the film which unwraps the subs, but I'm wondering - has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas why it could be happening?
I see the KDM needs to be open and the projector switched on for the text files to unwrap - if the projector is off the unwrap is scheduled for later - I've tried ingesting content in various combinations without being able to replicate the fault.
And I'm wondering if there's a workable method to ensure the subtitles will be present ahead of our screenings other than checking each film individually in each screen... perhaps once all films for the week are ingested, ingesting them again by copying between screens, which will unwrap any subs still in their wrappings?
Every once in a while we'll have a film which plays but with subtitles (or captions) entirely or partially missing, which I'm starting to suspect is due to the timed text files failing to be unwrapped / extracted from the mxf files. If the film is manually loaded in Cinelister there is a "missing subtitles" warning, but since our new releases are scheduled (we have a TMS with Doremi Showvault servers) we've sometimes only discovered the subtitles are missing during a screening. It can be quickly rectified by reingesting the film which unwraps the subs, but I'm wondering - has anyone else encountered this? Any ideas why it could be happening?
I see the KDM needs to be open and the projector switched on for the text files to unwrap - if the projector is off the unwrap is scheduled for later - I've tried ingesting content in various combinations without being able to replicate the fault.
And I'm wondering if there's a workable method to ensure the subtitles will be present ahead of our screenings other than checking each film individually in each screen... perhaps once all films for the week are ingested, ingesting them again by copying between screens, which will unwrap any subs still in their wrappings?
Comment