dcinematoday.com has been unreachable

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Hong Sung Hyeok
    Film Handler
    • Dec 2020
    • 54
    • Seoul, South KOREA

    #1

    dcinematoday.com has been unreachable

    I can't access www.dcinematoday.com.
    Has the company gone out of business? I used to visit it occasionally to read various theater news, so it's a shame.

    It feels like the cinema movie theater industry is slowly collapsing.

    Does anyone know anything about it?


    digitalcinemareport.com/
    cinema-technology.com/

    What other sites are there?
    What sites do you guys spend your time on when you have free time?
    Can you recommend any sites?
  • Caleb Williams
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jun 2022
    • 149
    • Casper, Wyoming, USA

    #2
    I get a "site under construction message". Good chance they're upgrading a server or something

    Comment

    • Marcel Birgelen
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3619
      • Maastricht, NL

      #3
      What you see is a place-holder from the domain registry.

      The company that maintained the site seems to be out of business:

      Screenshot 2026-02-06 at 11.15.39.png

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #4
        That was Bill Meade's site (formerly of Dolby Labs and then Sony). Based on his LinkedIn page, it appears that he shut it down December 2025. I'll admit, I haven't checked the site for a long time. There hasn't been been all of the changes like there were in the early days of digital cinema. Just looking at Cinema Con in 2026 one can see how little the industry is changing, technology wise. What used to take up an entire ballroom for technology is down to what 10 or so spaces on the Promenade?

        image.png​
        He's been "retired" for some time, however.

        Comment

        • Harold Hallikainen
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1072
          • Tucson AZ

          #5
          It looks like the site was active on December 31, 2025: https://web.archive.org/web/20251231...nematoday.com/

          It was gone on January 1, 2026,
          NameSecure offers domain name registration services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.


          archive.org is great!

          Harold

          Comment

          • Marcel Birgelen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3619
            • Maastricht, NL

            #6
            If this site was his only venture, I can understand why he's thrown in the towel. Subscriptions for such content are a rather hard sell in a considerable niche and if you need to survive on sponsors, you'll see an ever-decreasing number of candidates. Also, if you've got BARCO as a sponsor, I'd wager it would be difficult to get NEC as a sponsor too.

            Comment

            Working...