Username and password to configure FTP on the ICMP-X server.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Rafael Barbosa
    Newbie
    • Feb 2022
    • 16
    • Mato Grosso, Brazil

    #1

    Username and password to configure FTP on the ICMP-X server.

    Does anyone here know the username and password we should use in the FileZilla client to access the content of the ICMP-X server?
  • Ioannis Syrogiannis
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 286
    • Reykjavík, Iceland

    #2
    It is stated on the Barco Commander user guide, which you can find by googling. You may even get the answer from the AI part of the search.
    One thing you need to keep in mind is that if you are looking to "grab" one CPL/DCP only, you need a different username and password than if you want to -say- connect a server, for ingesting, where all CPLs/DCPs are under one asset map.

    I consider such information that is publicly available not to be a problem to share, yet there is a long-held policy about not sharing passwords here, so I advise you to google for a Commander user guide and head to the "DCP Publishing" part.

    Comment

    • Rafael Barbosa
      Newbie
      • Feb 2022
      • 16
      • Mato Grosso, Brazil

      #3
      Originally posted by Ioannis Syrogiannis
      It is stated on the Barco Commander user guide, which you can find by googling. You may even get the answer from the AI part of the search.
      One thing you need to keep in mind is that if you are looking to "grab" one CPL/DCP only, you need a different username and password than if you want to -say- connect a server, for ingesting, where all CPLs/DCPs are under one asset map.

      I consider such information that is publicly available not to be a problem to share, yet there is a long-held policy about not sharing passwords here, so I advise you to google for a Commander user guide and head to the "DCP Publishing" part.
      I only came here after trying to find it on Google, using A.I., three technicians, and a WhatsApp group for projection technicians. This was my last resort in the hope of finding something. Nothing is working.

      Comment

      • Ioannis Syrogiannis
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 286
        • Reykjavík, Iceland

        #4
        From what you write, it's hard to put things in a context.
        Did you find a copy of the Barco Commander user guide?
        Did you check the username, password and port number (it's not the default 21) for connecting to the server?
        Is your goal to access the DCPs in the servers storage, or something else?

        "Nothing is working" could mean a lot of different things. It could mean that the username and password you asked for are not found, or that
        the FileZilla application runs on a system that is not properly set on the (sub-)network to communicate with the FTP server of the ICMP-X, or that
        the IP address you use is not the one for the server, or that
        you get to connect, but you see UUIDs instead of CPL content text (TITLE_FTR_F_EN-XX_...) and that doesn't help, or that
        you are not looking for the DCPs, but for something else, like the root folder of the system or to ingest to the server through that route. (You can't.)

        So, if you are still looking for username, password and port number, give it another try, looking for an online copy of the user guide and searching there for the info needed.

        A number of projection technicians may not be aware of where to find this info, if they have never used it to set up such a machine. Those credentials are the same since the first Alchemy version, where there was only one way to connect, at first, and then Barco was kind enough to introduce a way for humans to export individual DCPs.

        For the sake of others that may land on this thread, I should mention that connecting through the proper network (not being the same that the systems use for control, but one for content transfer) could make the difference between transfers running smoothly or network oversaturation that may lead to issues with automation cues delays or even cues not running.

        Comment

        • Rafael Barbosa
          Newbie
          • Feb 2022
          • 16
          • Mato Grosso, Brazil

          #5
          Sorry, since English is not my primary language, it's sometimes difficult to express the situation correctly. I managed to solve it, I tried to lock the thread but couldn't. I was doing everything right, but there was a setting on the server with a different IP address than the traditional range we use, and that was causing it not to work. I added the other IP range to the computer and then it worked. Sorry for my lack of knowledge and for bothering the forum with basic questions. But I only really come here when I've exhausted all my other options.

          Comment

          • Leo Enticknap
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3572
            • Loma Linda, CA

            #6
            As Ioannis notes, I'm afraid that we're not allowed to share login credentials on this site, even factory default ones that are given in manuals. The reason is that having them available on the public Internet via a Google search potentially makes it easier for bad actors to infiltrate equipment, and for people trying to do something above their skill level to cause problems that could affect the operation of a theater.

            My suggestion would be to contact Barco. I can't find an email address for technical support in Brazil (in the US, you now have to register on the MyBarco portal and open a support ticket via that website), but the phone number of their office in São Paulo is +55 11 3513 1000.

            Comment

            • Marcel Birgelen
              Film God
              • Jan 2020
              • 3619
              • Maastricht, NL

              #7
              I guess we can specify the TCP port, which is 43750 if I'm not mistaken. Username and password can be found in several of the Barco manuals. There are two different accounts, with different functions for DCP content.

              First step in case of failure is always to check the basic connectivity. An ICMP can be pinged via the "ping" command, which is available on practically all operating systems.

              Comment

              Working...