E-delivery..."No Cinema Left Behind"

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Caleb Williams
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jun 2022
    • 149
    • Casper, Wyoming, USA

    #16
    Originally posted by Frank Cox

    That's odd. My Internet service was at risk of being cut off for maintenance (that ultimately lasted less than one morning anyway) and I sent an email to Deluxe telling them that my Internet was going to be cut off on the morning of whatever date and I'll let them know when it's back. The reply I got was to the effect of: no problem, we'll send you hard drives until you get it back.

    Again, that didn't end up being necessary since the big-deal maintenance that I was warned about turned out to be just a couple of hours. But Deluxe seemed to have no issues dealing with it if it had gone on for several days or a week.
    I should clarify, this only effected a booking for a live-streamed event. The broadband cutover did not effect mainstream content delivery at all from our perspective, and Deluxe has always been good about content fulfillment if the server is down or if the satellite is acting up. We book a lot of live events because they tend to bring the younger audiences in.

    Comment

    • Justin d'Entremont
      Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 47
      • Campbellton, NB

      #17
      Originally posted by Mike Blakesley
      What I don't get is why they can't just send the keys down the same damn pipeline. Or, why isn't there some way to automate getting it from the email to my projector. There is some allusion in this thread to such a program but it's not clear how an independent theater like mine would implement it.
      So Deluxe can deliver your keys to an FTP server of your choosing. Tier 1 support there don't seem to have much of a clue about this, but if you can get the matter escalated, someone there will know.

      So if you setup a secure FTP server, which Deluxe can access via the internet, and your servers can access internally, then you can skip the whole email side of things. We provided them with a username and password, which they have put into their systems, and when the keys are issued they get pushed automatically to that FTP server.

      In my case, we just select the FTP server from the dropdown in Doremi Ingest Manager, and all the keys which have been delivered to our theatre are "magically just there". Once a week, I open it, Ctrl+A to select all the keys, and hit the ingest button and walk away.


      Comment

      Working...