In case you haven't seen the filmmakers letter for P-H-M, I've copied it below.
The official CPL is:
ProjectHailMary_FTR-3_F-200_EN-XX-OCAP_US_71-HI-VI_4K . . etc, etc
Don't let the "F-200" fool you. Read the letter:
ProjectHailMary_Letter.jpg
(I winced at the "When You Play It At Seven" quip! lol)
I'm getting really 'screwed' on this release! Late last year, I was told that we scheduled to be the only theater in
the San Francisco Bay area to be running this in 70mm, and BarcoHDR, much as we've done with several recent
other releases. All of our auditoriums were scheduled to get new seats, carpets, and lighting improvements at the
beginning of the year. Unfortunately, construction, and permit delays, as well as a few other bone-headed (in my
opinion) scheduling decisions mean that our main auditorium will not be ready in time to run P-H-M in 70mm. In
fact last time I looked, the 5/70 version of P-H-M isn't booked into any other 70mm theater in SF and Oakland.
(feel free to correct me if you find a venue, but even the "In 70mm" website shows no P-H-M in SF or OAK.)
Deluxe did send an HDR version and keys, so, technically, I could watch in HDR, if I didn't mind sitting on
the floor. (The picture would look great, but the acoustics would be horrible in the room as it is now!
NuMishNoSeats1.jpg
These pix were taken abt a week ago. New seats are more or less in place, but the room will
not be 'ready for prime time" for at least another week or more. There's still alotta work to do.
NuMishNoSeats3.jpg
The official CPL is:
ProjectHailMary_FTR-3_F-200_EN-XX-OCAP_US_71-HI-VI_4K . . etc, etc
Don't let the "F-200" fool you. Read the letter:
ProjectHailMary_Letter.jpg
(I winced at the "When You Play It At Seven" quip! lol)
I'm getting really 'screwed' on this release! Late last year, I was told that we scheduled to be the only theater in
the San Francisco Bay area to be running this in 70mm, and BarcoHDR, much as we've done with several recent
other releases. All of our auditoriums were scheduled to get new seats, carpets, and lighting improvements at the
beginning of the year. Unfortunately, construction, and permit delays, as well as a few other bone-headed (in my
opinion) scheduling decisions mean that our main auditorium will not be ready in time to run P-H-M in 70mm. In
fact last time I looked, the 5/70 version of P-H-M isn't booked into any other 70mm theater in SF and Oakland.
(feel free to correct me if you find a venue, but even the "In 70mm" website shows no P-H-M in SF or OAK.)
Deluxe did send an HDR version and keys, so, technically, I could watch in HDR, if I didn't mind sitting on
the floor. (The picture would look great, but the acoustics would be horrible in the room as it is now!
NuMishNoSeats1.jpg
These pix were taken abt a week ago. New seats are more or less in place, but the room will
not be 'ready for prime time" for at least another week or more. There's still alotta work to do.
NuMishNoSeats3.jpg

Comment