Wacky folders and placement of content

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mike Blakesley
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 2021
    • Forsyth MT

    #1

    Wacky folders and placement of content

    I guess the poeple at Deluxe are smoking stronger weed than usual, because the file folder madness that started with Super Mario Galaxy is continuing with the Top Gun combo release, and Mandalorian & Grogu.

    For Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick, both movies movies are in a folder called Top-Gun-RTG. Even though that's a Rating tag, the folder is in the Features folder.

    Everything for Mandalorian (plus trailers for Dog Stars, Toy Story 5, and Moana) is in a folder called Dog-Stars-TRL, and arrived in the Features folder.

    Also today, a Coyote Vs. Acme trailer showed up in a regular TRL folder, but it arrived in the Features folder too (and is not in the Trailers folder where it belongs).

    Are they eventually just going to say "screw it" and put everything all in one big folder?

    Or maybe this is a weirdness with GDC servers and isn't happening on others?

    Inquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by Mike Blakesley; 05-13-2026, 01:18 PM.
  • Dustin Grush
    Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 60
    • Johnstown, PA, USA

    #2
    I've been getting the occasional trailer in the "features" folder, just figured it was like in the old days when you'd get the occasional trailer included on a drive. I've had conversations with the eDelivery people about excluding certain contend from deliveries and have been told that things are "Mastered" and that the entirety of the DCP package must be sent, so I often get the 3D version which we cant play, before the regular version. We use DoReMi so its not just a GDC thing. Top Gun and Maverick appear normal from the ingest window, but when I browse the contents of "features" it shows only Top Gun. Again, I wonder if it isn't like in the drive days when they would include the prequel to the current movie for those who opt to play it. I'll never forget the "22 Jump street" movie where I accidentally ingested "21 Jump Street" instead and of course didn't have time to QC it before showtime. We were a little late getting on screen that night... OOPS, lol.

    Comment

    Working...