Hello Friends, The TPC is showing 'security enclosure battery low'. Not sure which battery to replace. Thank you.
Christie CP2000SB
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
It's either the ICP or PIB battery. They both should be replaced at the same time, anyway. While you're at it, change the IMB battery, too. -
-
Comment
-
There is no ICP, PIB, or IMB on a Series 1 Christie. And the card cage is accessed from the top of the machine.
I suspect the battery you are being warned about is on the "Security Kit Interface Board," commonly referred to as the "Interface Board" or "GoRE Board." Somebody correct me if my Series 1 is rusty. In any case, this battery is not to be replaced, but charged.
Comment
-
The problem is...it charges by virtue of the projector being on. Once the Gore Board battery dies, so does that board with it.Comment
-
As far as I know there's only one battery in a Series One, in the TI Interface "Gore" board. Absolutely not replaceable (as it is under the FIPS tamper proof covering), it charges from the projector power. There is a charge wire attached as well but it's for keeping the board alive outside a projector "on the shelf".
So it needs to be charged regularly, I don't know the exact minimum schedule but we did it for boards in stock once a month for a day as I recall.
And yes, it's a one shot deal. If the battery goes dead, the encryption keys or whatever needed for Cinelink are gone and there is no recovery process, the board is junk.
Comment
-
It is called interface board or Gore board.
It acts as the ICP for the S2.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256662117978
The side card cage is covered by the large cover of the PCM board, and you can remove it once you take out the PCM board.
If it is covered with a thick black shield, it is a Gore board.
The Gore board's battery simply needs to be charged (it has a connector for charging).
But I don't know how to replace the battery... It's been too long since I used one...
In the past, I would have just replaced the board... but now it has become a legacy.
If the battery runs out, the board just becomes trash.
It might become unable to play KDM DCPs...Comment
-
-
Comment