GDC IMB error in Christie CP2220

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #46
    LD Bypass was not happy. Moving the working A cable to the B ports resulted in an image but with artifacting. The formerly bad B link did nothing on the A ports. So presumed maybe our B link cable was bad, swapped it with our existing utility one nearby and both single link modes and dual link now work.

    I'm gonna let some content run and watch for glitches. That spare cable was 250' un-trimmed with a bunch of excess at the rack. I'll consider if I should test and run another matched length pair that is more reasonable. But just some sub-par HD-SDI cables it seems. I can solve that!

    Comment

    • Ryan Gallagher
      Film God
      • Nov 2022
      • 2855
      • Austin, Texas, USA

      #47
      I ended up just re-terminating our B-link cable in a first effort... and she came good. Much more reasonable length cables for that pair. Our ALT content is now using the 3rd one as intended via some decimators.

      Tested our first DCP for tomorrow (and KDM) before leaving the building today.

      I think the only thing on my todo list if I get a chance with no camp kids in the room is to re-measure sync and adjust on the Doremi for the new room.

      Comment

      • Marcel Birgelen
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3619
        • Maastricht, NL

        #48
        The cable was the prime suspect after all and in general, if I actually diagnosed the issues with a cable instead of just throwing it out, it was almost always at a connector or weld.

        Comment

        Working...