DP2K4 to CP750 library automation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #1

    DP2K4 to CP750 library automation?

    I was spoiled by my SPL automation to our AP20 in our other room, having just moved the DP2K4 to a different room with a CP750...

    First, is the AudioProcessor built in library for the 750 reliable?

    2nd, what am I doing wrong. It is on the same network and give it the 750 IP address, but the test fails. Do I need to put something specific in the "identifier" field... or maybe confirm my 750 IP has not changed during the last festival perhaps.

    EDIT: to say that I AM able to ping the 750 ip address from the terminal on the DCP2K4
    Last edited by Ryan Gallagher; 06-17-2026, 05:23 PM.
  • German Marin
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 1
    • Verbania, Italy

    #2
    Check for the port, must be 61408.

    Comment

    • Marco Giustini
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1168
      • Reading, UK

      #3
      I'd imagine you mean an ICMP Barco server?

      Did you find the Ethernet command details at the end of the CP750 installation manual?

      Comment

      • Leo Enticknap
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3572
        • Loma Linda, CA

        #4
        If you change the existing audio processor entry in the device manager to indicate that it is now a CP750...

        image.png​

        ...then assuming that the existing automation cues are configured to send to an audio processor, like this...

        image.png​

        ... it should change the port and API commands being sent automatically, with nothing more needed for you to do.

        However, if the AP20 was set up in the device manager as a "raw" device and the cues are "send message" cues with the port, message, and termination string (I'm guessing that this will be the case, because DolReMi servers do not have built-in API support for the AP20), you will need to re-do them manually. As the DCP-2K4 has the ability to communicate with a CP750 built in, the easiest way would be to create an audio processor entry in the device manager specifying Dolby CP750 as the model, then create audio processor cues as shown above.

        Although these screenshots are from an IMS2000, the DCP-2K4's web UI is almost identical for the functions shown above.

        Comment

        • Dave Macaulay
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 460
          • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

          #5
          Set the processor as Dolby CP750 as TCP with address and port 61408. Then in macro editor pick library then cp750, there are all but some less commonly used cues available. You can open the XML file and edit it if you want to add something but this is not easy if you're unfamiliar with XML.

          Comment

          • Ryan Gallagher
            Film God
            • Nov 2022
            • 2855
            • Austin, Texas, USA

            #6
            I did not see a location to specify the port address... I was doing this in the console interface on the Doremi DCP2K4, but I will investigate the web interface too as Leo shared.

            I was not expecting my existing commands to work, those were indeed RAW TCP commands to the AP20. But there was a connection test button within the device manager pane which was showing "FAILED".

            But maybe I need to assume something is wrong with the test feature, and just try configuring a command and test that way.

            Will try again tonight.

            (Marco, this is a Doremi Box server with Dolphin and Cinelink to a Christie... not a ICMP/Barco). The Christie automation came right back after IP changes to the new network/projector, but less luck with the audio side.

            Comment

            • Dave Macaulay
              Pro Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 460
              • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

              #7
              Ryan: I don't have one here so going by memory. You add devices in device manager, for me it's easier using the local console than through the webGUI. Maybe it puts the port in itself as every 750 is the same?

              Comment

              • Ryan Gallagher
                Film God
                • Nov 2022
                • 2855
                • Austin, Texas, USA

                #8
                Originally posted by Dave Macaulay
                Ryan: I don't have one here so going by memory. You add devices in device manager, for me it's easier using the local console than through the webGUI. Maybe it puts the port in itself as every 750 is the same?
                That is my understanding from what options the interface gives me in the device manager (where the test feature was also located). Thanks.

                Comment

                • Leo Enticknap
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 3572
                  • Loma Linda, CA

                  #9
                  For my method in post 4 above, add the "AudioProcessor" device. That entry has options, one of which is CP750. With that done and saved, you should be able to add audio processor control cues in the automation page without any need to worry about the commands, port number, termination string, etc.

                  Comment

                  • Ryan Gallagher
                    Film God
                    • Nov 2022
                    • 2855
                    • Austin, Texas, USA

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
                    For my method in post 4 above, add the "AudioProcessor" device. That entry has options, one of which is CP750. With that done and saved, you should be able to add audio processor control cues in the automation page without any need to worry about the commands, port number, termination string, etc.
                    Thanks for all the advice. It turns out the "test" feature on the console in this version is just bad I guess. When I fully implemented the macros against the AudioProcessor device that was testing as failed, they still worked as expected.

                    Worth noting the web interface for the device setup doesn't even give you a test button.

                    The only ones I couldn't get working were the 750 Preset ones, which I assumed corresponded to the front panel inputs 1-4. But maybe there is something in the Dolby Config software I have to do to point preset numbers at a processor input state etc.

                    Comment

                    • Marco Giustini
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 1168
                      • Reading, UK

                      #11
                      The front buttons are permanently tied to inputs - that cannot be changed.

                      There are specific commands to recall them, others to configure them (5.1, 7.1 etc)

                      To recall digital 1 it's

                      cp750.sys.input_mode dig_1


                      SCR-20260619-jgct.png

                      Comment

                      • Ryan Gallagher
                        Film God
                        • Nov 2022
                        • 2855
                        • Austin, Texas, USA

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Marco Giustini
                        The front buttons are permanently tied to inputs - that cannot be changed.

                        There are specific commands to recall them, others to configure them (5.1, 7.1 etc)

                        To recall digital 1 it's

                        cp750.sys.input_mode dig_1


                        SCR-20260619-jgct.png
                        Thanks Marco. I was trying to use the Doremi library commands called “Preset” and it takes a number. But unlike the other library commands this was having no result. I’ll resort to RAW tcp commands as you suggest if that is what gets those working.

                        Comment

                        Working...