NEC 3541l left+right arrow not prompting to enter code

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • David Ellis
    Newbie
    • Jul 2025
    • 25
    • Blue Ridge GA

    #1

    NEC 3541l left+right arrow not prompting to enter code

    Did they change it from pressing and holding the left+ right arrows?
  • Leo Enticknap
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3572
    • Loma Linda, CA

    #2
    Not that I know of. Is the projector actually registering an IMB tamper? If it isn't, is the option slot setting set to "no board"? If it's set to IMB, is the IMB itself OK? The only thing I can think of is that if the IMB is in FIPS lock or otherwise NFG, it won't communicate with the projector at all, and therefore the projector won't register an active tamper. But if you see the IMB tamper error, you are in installation or service mode on the keypad, and left and right arrows simultaneously have no effect, my best guess would be a bad arrow key.

    Comment

    • David Ellis
      Newbie
      • Jul 2025
      • 25
      • Blue Ridge GA

      #3
      Hi Leo! Ok, I am learning this. I do not have an active tamper. I was testing my notes to make sure I had the correct clear code when pressing the left/right arrow. Am I correct to assume based off your response that the left/right arrow will have no effect if there is not an active tamper? Thanks!

      Comment

      • Leo Enticknap
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3572
        • Loma Linda, CA

        #4
        I'm not 100% sure, because I can't recall ever having pushed them when a tamper wasn't registering. What I can tell you is that if you have just installed an IMB into the option slot and no tamper or marriage error registered after buttoning everything up and powering up the projector (card cage fully powered up, not just in standby), the projector doesn't know that the IMB is there, and that is the first problem that needs to be fixed. In my experience, this is likely for one of two reasons.

        1 - The option slot configuration setting in DCC is set to "no board."
        2 - The IMB or IMS is a Dolby IMS3000 or earlier DolReMi model, and no device manager entry for the projector has been created.

        The cause could also be in the IMB or IMS itself, e.g. its battery has discharged and it's in FIPS lock. The status lights on the faceplate should tell you what is going on with it.

        My guess would be that having fixed that to the point at which the projector is giving you the marriage fail and the tamper error, then pushing those arrows will bring up the password prompt.

        Comment

        • David Ellis
          Newbie
          • Jul 2025
          • 25
          • Blue Ridge GA

          #5
          Awesome. Thank you @Leo!

          Comment

          Working...