DCCv2 where to change screen crop?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • David Ellis
    Newbie
    • Jul 2025
    • 25
    • Blue Ridge GA

    #1

    DCCv2 where to change screen crop?

    Ok, I'm learning. I know there is a place to customize the screen crop. I've looked everywhere. Can someone please point me to where it is in DCC?
  • Chris Haller
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 125
    • Rochester, NY, USA

    #2
    You have to switch from user mode to service mode and then go to title under MAIN. Right click the screen title you want to edit, select edit, and then click on settings for the screen file. That will get you into the crop settings you are looking for.

    Comment

    • David Ellis
      Newbie
      • Jul 2025
      • 25
      • Blue Ridge GA

      #3
      Thanks Chris! I made it to there. However, now if I put a test pattern up or display a white screen, then everything greys out. It seems to only allow me to edit it with a black screen. What am I doing wrong?
      Last edited by David Ellis; 06-25-2026, 04:47 PM.

      Comment

      • Tj Hopland
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jun 2025
        • 264
        • Minneapolis, MN

        #4
        That's an NEC 'feature', you have to run your test pattern from the server. Select and make the title you want to edit the active one and get what you want playing and on screen and hit pause on the server. You then should be able to go to edit and that pic will stay there and you can do your thing.

        I will usually build a SPL that first has what ever clip has the markings on it to make sure the lens and masking are set then hit play to go to a white clip to do the cropping. There are some tests that have a bright colored border that is the safe are you are meant to be masking but many of the tests its dark or black in the area you are working in so they are kinda useless for the cropping stage of the setup.

        Comment

        • David Ellis
          Newbie
          • Jul 2025
          • 25
          • Blue Ridge GA

          #5
          Thanks @Tj. I will try that! It seemed way to obvious that the built in patters should work... I should have known better lol

          Comment

          Working...