Jbl 265h-2

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dave Macaulay
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 460
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

    #1

    Jbl 265h-2

    First time seeing this, connection is by two spades in a well centered in the (small) magnet structure. One small spade and one 1/4".
    No polarity marking, logically the larger one is '+".
    Good for not breaking off the pigtail jumpers from cone to frame.
    Has anyone used these?
  • Steve Guttag
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 3777
    • Annapolis, MD

    #2
    Using one .205" and one .250" is not something terribly new. It takes the guesswork out. I'm presuming you are working with a 4739 LF cabinet (used on the 4722 and 4732.

    ​image.png​

    Comment

    • Dave Macaulay
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 460
      • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

      #3
      thinking about them, and unable to find an image, the two voice coils in each still need a pigtail somewhere inside the magnet cap. That would not be easy to fix if one broke.

      Comment

      • Steve Guttag
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 3777
        • Annapolis, MD

        #4
        I can't claim to have reconed that one but I'd be surprised if it was all that complicated (from a recone standpoint). Typically, repairing a tinsel lead going under a dust dome isn't too bad. I've had various subwoofers (and some Altec speakers) where the v.c. wire broke at the join to the tinsel lead. The scary thing is working with aluminum v.c. wires. They break if you look at them and forget about bending. They also don't take solder very well. Generally, when I'm done with the repair, I seal it up with some doming glue to hold it in place. Then put the dust dome back on. Whenever possible, I go with a new dust dome. if I don't have one, I'll remove the dome right at the glue bead. If I do have a dome, I still remove the old one right at the glue bead and put the new dome right over the bead and re-glue.

        Comment

        • Dave Macaulay
          Pro Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 460
          • Toronto, Ontario, Canada

          #5
          I've just never seen a driver before with the connections dead centre in the magnet cover. And I don't see the driver on jblpro. Some systems that use the driver but no data sheet on the bare driver.

          Comment

          • Steve Guttag
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3777
            • Annapolis, MD

            #6
            JBL got out of the raw driver biz, for the most part. I recognized the drive from where it is used in cinema. As an authorized reconer for JBL, I do have access to raw drivers as repair items but they are ordered through the parts process rather than through the normal dealer process. That 363837-005X is its part number and how I'd have to look it up if I was ordering it as a replacement part (if the pole piece is shifted, then it is dead...if the gap gauge comes back as enough, then it is a recone.

            Comment

            Working...