Hi all,
I recently had an IMB go down, (GDC SX-3000) there was a power failure that lasted too long and while the certs were fine other issues happened that caused the unit to no longer function per GDC tech support.
They offered to sell me a refurb of another SX-3000 or to go with an SX-4000.
Now i've had good luck with the 3000's previously .... although now that they are ageing perhaps the 4000 is a better choice.
Thing is, I vaguely remember some people on here saying that the 4000's were nothing but trouble. (I have SR-1000's in service also ...but i'm not a fan for many reasons)
Are there other refurb/used IMB's that maybe are worth considering ? (this one would be going into an NEC900c)
And one other quick question .... I have a CDXL-21S bulb in a Solaria one projector that is starting to have a flickering issue.
I have not seen one of these bulbs at end of life so I don't know if this is because of that ? (the CDXL-16M's tend to just go dim rather than flicker)
But the unit has had numerous "ballast com errors" (or similar ballast errors) at boot up that caused the bulb to not strike at all. So i'm wondering if the ballast is more likely the cause of the flicker ?
Thoughts ?
Thanks all !!!
Armand
I recently had an IMB go down, (GDC SX-3000) there was a power failure that lasted too long and while the certs were fine other issues happened that caused the unit to no longer function per GDC tech support.
They offered to sell me a refurb of another SX-3000 or to go with an SX-4000.
Now i've had good luck with the 3000's previously .... although now that they are ageing perhaps the 4000 is a better choice.
Thing is, I vaguely remember some people on here saying that the 4000's were nothing but trouble. (I have SR-1000's in service also ...but i'm not a fan for many reasons)
Are there other refurb/used IMB's that maybe are worth considering ? (this one would be going into an NEC900c)
And one other quick question .... I have a CDXL-21S bulb in a Solaria one projector that is starting to have a flickering issue.
I have not seen one of these bulbs at end of life so I don't know if this is because of that ? (the CDXL-16M's tend to just go dim rather than flicker)
But the unit has had numerous "ballast com errors" (or similar ballast errors) at boot up that caused the bulb to not strike at all. So i'm wondering if the ballast is more likely the cause of the flicker ?
Thoughts ?
Thanks all !!!
Armand
.
Comment