Doremi Media Block DEAD

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Allan Barnes
    Pro Film Handler
    • Jan 2020
    • 138
    • GRAND BEND, ONTARIO, CANADA

    #1

    Doremi Media Block DEAD

    I just discovered that our back up server a DOREMI IMB-E2 INTEGRATED MEDIA BLOCK (4K) didn't get a update last year. I am still not 100% sure as the projector and card were out for full service in Texas last fall. I had assumed...... well there is NO output picture (non encrypted content trailers) from the Barco just a sort of GREY.

    Are there any new or used Doremi MEDIA BLOCK cards for sale?

    I guess the only solution is a new ICMP-X or something like it?

    ABUSE or HELP WELCOMED
  • Ryan Gallagher
    Film God
    • Nov 2022
    • 2855
    • Austin, Texas, USA

    #2
    Can you get to the web interface (does it even boot)? If so what does the certificate "Valid To" Field display in Monitoring->Diagnostics?

    Comment

    • Leo Enticknap
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 3572
      • Loma Linda, CA

      #3
      This is a screenshot from an IMS2000, which is the closest thing to a ShowVault that I have remote access to, but the UI is almost identical. If you're using the VNC UI or a monitor attached directly to the ShowVault, go to control panel > diagnostic tool, and then the media block tab to see the equivalent of this page.
      ​image.png​

      ​As Ryan notes, if your IMB is donezo, the certificate valid to field will be blank, along with all the security manager fields, and a red blob for its status. You will also see an error connecting to security manager in the banner space top center. If that's what you see, then I'm afraid that you're right in that you'll need a new IMS or ICMP, because Dolby no longer offers a recertification service for the Doremi IMB. But if you see something like the what is in this screenshot, it would appear that the IMB is OK, and that the problem is in its connection to the ShowVault (maybe try reseating the PCI cable) or within the projector.

      Comment

      • Allan Barnes
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 138
        • GRAND BEND, ONTARIO, CANADA

        #4
        The server does boot up and works but I do see an error message unable to connect to security manager /// or security manager not replying.............. in the banner space top center.

        But I also see 4 valid certificates to 2037. I will post pictures to clarify.

        Comment

        • Leo Enticknap
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3572
          • Loma Linda, CA

          #5
          Hmm ... my guess would be that if you see certificates valid to 2037, the IMB has not gone into FIPS lock. At this point I would suggest downloading a diagnostic package from the server and seeing what the online log analyzer has to say about it.

          Comment

          • Dustin Grush
            Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 60
            • Johnstown, PA, USA

            #6
            Originally posted by Allan Barnes
            The server does boot up and works but I do see an error message unable to connect to security manager /// or security manager not replying.............. in the banner space top center.

            .
            I had this happen randomly a month ago. Was fixed by re-seating the cards.

            Comment

            • Rick Cohen
              Film Handler
              • Jan 2020
              • 93
              • Lockport, New York

              #7
              You can also attempt to run a software and firmware update. If this is a backup IMB, it's possible that the software and firmware are mismatched between the IMB and the ShowVault, which will cause issues. There is a multi step update process which includes DRM files. Dolby is very helpful with providing update files along with instructions on what order to load the files. A reboot is required between each step. There is also a hotfix file that they may recommend you ingest. Definitely send a Detailed Report to Dolby, and follow their instructions.

              Comment

              Working...