Hi everyone,
I'd like to ask if anyone has ever experienced this: when switching from a 5.1/7.1 DCP to an Atmos DCP — in this case a regular ADV -> Dolby Unfold — there are a few seconds of silence before the Unfold audio comes up (about 3 sec). It happens randomly, like the Atmos renderer takes a while to come up, but there are no errors.
When I was on site testing, I made an SPL with a 10 sec 5.1 ADV -> Unfold -> ADV -> Unfold and it didn't occur once in 5 minutes of repeating this — but I already had two different sites report the issue to me.
Dolby recommended switching from using the Dolby Atmos Input on the CP950A for the immersive sound to using the command input, so I made that config change, but today the cinema reported exactly the same issue.
We have a couple more locations with this setup that have never reported it — but since it happens randomly, they might have just not noticed.
Has anyone experienced something like this?
Thanks for any ideas!
I'd like to ask if anyone has ever experienced this: when switching from a 5.1/7.1 DCP to an Atmos DCP — in this case a regular ADV -> Dolby Unfold — there are a few seconds of silence before the Unfold audio comes up (about 3 sec). It happens randomly, like the Atmos renderer takes a while to come up, but there are no errors.
When I was on site testing, I made an SPL with a 10 sec 5.1 ADV -> Unfold -> ADV -> Unfold and it didn't occur once in 5 minutes of repeating this — but I already had two different sites report the issue to me.
Dolby recommended switching from using the Dolby Atmos Input on the CP950A for the immersive sound to using the command input, so I made that config change, but today the cinema reported exactly the same issue.
We have a couple more locations with this setup that have never reported it — but since it happens randomly, they might have just not noticed.
Has anyone experienced something like this?
Thanks for any ideas!

Comment