What is the lowest current you'd run a 2K bulb at for long term health and stability? It's an Ushio DXL-20SN3 which is a 2K digital bulb. Specs say 50-85 A but the projector (NEC NC1200C) won't allow me to go below about 60 A. The iris thing is in place.
I used to use 2K film bulbs but went digital this time. As a screening room the bulbs last for years. Each round I consider going with a digital bulb and dropping to a 1600 W (pulling the iris thing) but no one can guarantee I'd still make brightness and continue to do so over bulb life. We are common height so Scope's stupid cropped format takes a LOT more light than 1.85. I have backed off Z mechanical adjustment to get level. Wouldn't mind dropping current a bit if I could.
Next question: I always set level with the white found in the test charts on DCC. Is that right? The reason I ask is this. The other day I made a white field in Photoshop. RGB values FFFFFF. Made that into a test DCP. (Later noticed I already had the same thing among my test DCPs.) But on testing it's not as bright as the white I get via DCC. Seems to me that FFFFFF is as bright as it can get in a real movie which is what should be 14 fL. Not a huge difference but def not the same. What do you use for setting level?
I used to use 2K film bulbs but went digital this time. As a screening room the bulbs last for years. Each round I consider going with a digital bulb and dropping to a 1600 W (pulling the iris thing) but no one can guarantee I'd still make brightness and continue to do so over bulb life. We are common height so Scope's stupid cropped format takes a LOT more light than 1.85. I have backed off Z mechanical adjustment to get level. Wouldn't mind dropping current a bit if I could.
Next question: I always set level with the white found in the test charts on DCC. Is that right? The reason I ask is this. The other day I made a white field in Photoshop. RGB values FFFFFF. Made that into a test DCP. (Later noticed I already had the same thing among my test DCPs.) But on testing it's not as bright as the white I get via DCC. Seems to me that FFFFFF is as bright as it can get in a real movie which is what should be 14 fL. Not a huge difference but def not the same. What do you use for setting level?
Comment