Hard Drive Tray - DCP-2000

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Shai Skiff
    Newbie
    • Jan 2021
    • 23
    • Tel Aviv, Israel

    #1

    Hard Drive Tray - DCP-2000

    Hello,

    We have Doremi DCP-2000.

    A long time I'm been looking for Hard Drive Tray.

    Maybe you can help me where I can find the Grey handle HDD?

    Thank you!

    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
  • Carsten Kurz
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1481
    • Germany

    #2
    As far as I know, Dolby stills sells them, I have seen it in older pricelists. Ask your cinema integrator.

    I once bought 10 of them from a local distributor who had them directly from China.


    Comment

    • Shai Skiff
      Newbie
      • Jan 2021
      • 23
      • Tel Aviv, Israel

      #3
      Thank you for your answer.
      I asked TITRA LTD our integrator, and they told me Dolby stopped sells them.
      But for me is feels strange, because DCP200 AND DCP2K4 still in use.
      Do you think there way to ask Dolby directly?

      Comment

      • Carsten Kurz
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1481
        • Germany

        #4
        Try cinemasupport AT dolby.com Maybe they will tell you wether they still sell them. I have a couple left, but I just looked up insured shipping cost to Israel...

        Comment

        • Leo Enticknap
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 3572
          • Loma Linda, CA

          #5
          I shipped a CRU drive in a Pelican case to Israel (from California) last year, and FedEx charged $24 for four-day delivery. I didn't think that was too bad.

          Comment

          • Carsten Kurz
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1481
            • Germany

            #6
            It's more than twice that from here currently.

            Comment

            • Shai Skiff
              Newbie
              • Jan 2021
              • 23
              • Tel Aviv, Israel

              #7
              Hi, thank you very much. Two pieces can help us! Hopefully we can find a way to ship them.
              I will contact you directly.

              Comment

              • Leo Enticknap
                Film God
                • Jan 2020
                • 3572
                • Loma Linda, CA

                #8
                Originally posted by Carsten Kurz
                It's more than twice that from here currently.
                But less than half the distance. Weird.

                Comment

                • Carsten Kurz
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1481
                  • Germany

                  #9
                  Hmm, DHL actually offers a very low cost option, but only for explicit business clients who ship internationally at least 5 times per quarter. That would be as low as 7€ incl. Tracking. Well, let's see.

                  BTW - the original manufacturer is GUANGHSING, the part number is GHI-290-03002.

                  When I google for it, I can only find that german importer in Hamburg actually listing it. It's part of their RAID enclosure series. When I ordered the drive caddies back then, they were not in stock, but they were able to receive them with their next shipment within a few weeks, if I remember right. So even for them it wasn't a standard item.

                  The Doremi Part number was

                  DCP-HDD-C-S - DOREMI HDD CARRIER BLACK CHASSIS AGN

                  Did Dolby already answer?
                  Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 01-17-2021, 04:25 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Shai Skiff
                    Newbie
                    • Jan 2021
                    • 23
                    • Tel Aviv, Israel

                    #10
                    This is the answer from Dolby:

                    customersupport@dolby.com <customersupport@dolby.com>
                    12:04 PM


                    Dear Shai,
                    Thank you for your enquiry. Dolby does not supply parts directly. I recommend to contact your local authorised Dolby Dealer. You didn't mention where you are based, so please follow this link for a list of all worldwide Dolby dealers:
                    Dolby® provides quality cinema and music equipment all over the world. Locate a cinema product dealer in your region and upgrade your theater technology.

                    Best regards,
                    Richard

                    Comment

                    • Leo Enticknap
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 3572
                      • Loma Linda, CA

                      #11
                      Looks like there is only one authorized Dolby dealer in Israel:

                      TITRA LTD
                      5 Tel Giborim St Unit #44
                      Tel Aviv, Israel
                      T: +972522522554
                      titra {at} inter.net.il

                      Comment

                      • Steve Guttag
                        Film God
                        • Jan 2020
                        • 3777
                        • Annapolis, MD

                        #12
                        It would have been helpful if they had provided the Dolby part number and confirmed that it is a current part. It would make the conversation with the dealer a bit more concise and ensure that there is no misinterpretation.

                        Comment

                        • Shai Skiff
                          Newbie
                          • Jan 2021
                          • 23
                          • Tel Aviv, Israel

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Leo Enticknap
                          Looks like there is only one authorized Dolby dealer in Israel:

                          TITRA LTD
                          5 Tel Giborim St Unit #44
                          Tel Aviv, Israel
                          T: +972522522554
                          titra {at} inter.net.il
                          Yes, maybe the problem is the that we only have one dealer... I Checked with them already and they don't have it.

                          Comment

                          • Leo Enticknap
                            Film God
                            • Jan 2020
                            • 3572
                            • Loma Linda, CA

                            #14
                            Do they mean that they don't have it, or that Dolby doesn't have it, or both?

                            The company I work for is a Dolby official dealer, but we keep very little Dolby stuff actually in stock. If a customer wishes to buy a Dolby product, then most of the time it is drop shipped directly from Dolby to the customer: all we do is process the paperwork. The exception is if the Dolby items are part of a bigger order for a specific new install or upgrade project. In that case it comes to us initially, and then we ship it to the customer's location, along with all the other equipment to be installed.

                            If Titra keeps a limited range of Dolby products at their shop and isn't willing to arrange a drop shipment of an item that they don't keep in stock, then there is nothing to stop you from asking a dealer outside Israel, who can at least put the question to Dolby's sales people on your behalf. Of course if you then buy through an overseas dealer, you'll have shipping charges and import duties to take care of. In fact, it may be more cost effective to look for non-working, sold for part out DCP2000s on Ebay than to go that route.

                            Comment

                            • Carsten Kurz
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 1481
                              • Germany

                              #15
                              As far as I can see, that Doremi drive caddy is not listed in Dolbys price-lists as far back as 2017. It doesn't necessarily mean that Dolby dropped it when they took over Doremi, but, when I look at other spare parts they still list for these servers, it appears likely. Another request towards Dolby as Steve suggests may make that clear.


                              I sold some of these caddies to festivals, they wanted to be able to swap a full RAID set for quick content changes when the 4TB drives were not yet an option for these servers. Personally, I wouldn't even mind unscrewing the hard drives from these caddies for swapping over, it doesn't take more than a few minutes, and, typically, two screws are enough under these conditions. But, they wanted them.

                              Comment

                              Working...