New Christie Digital web site

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stephan Shelley
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 25
    • Castro Valley, California, USA

    #1

    New Christie Digital web site

    Anybody else have an issue logging into there account on the redesigned site?
  • Arnold Chase
    Newbie
    • Jan 2020
    • 8
    • West Hartford, CT

    #2
    I just tried and I'm locked out as well. Usually when a website migrates to a new version a new password needs to be entered so I clicked on the "forgot password" section and I'm still awaiting a response from Christie. As usual from Christie, this could take a while..

    Comment

    • Stephan Shelley
      Newbie
      • Jan 2020
      • 25
      • Castro Valley, California, USA

      #3
      I tried the same and am waiting for the email as well.

      Comment

      • Brad Miller
        Administrator
        • Dec 2019
        • 373
        • Plano, TX, USA

        #4
        The only fix is to email webmaster@christiedigital.com and have them force-send you that password change email.
        Then note your password must have lowercase letters, at least one number, at least one capital letter AND one symbol for it to actually work.

        Comment

        • Adrian Avram
          Film Handler
          • Jan 2020
          • 38
          • Romania

          #5
          Oh yes...no login for me as well. Also no mail with the new password.
          The product support downloads section looks awful.

          Comment

          • Marcel Birgelen
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 3619
            • Maastricht, NL

            #6
            Originally posted by Arnold Chase
            I just tried and I'm locked out as well. Usually when a website migrates to a new version a new password needs to be entered so I clicked on the "forgot password" section and I'm still awaiting a response from Christie. As usual from Christie, this could take a while..
            There should be absolutely no need for this. Maybe, this forum, provided as a free service to the community is something different. But from a professional company like Christie Digital you'd expect something better.

            Even when you're migrating from an old to a new password encryption scheme, like from MD5 or SHA1 to let's say BCrypt, you could do this conversion the first time a user logs into your new website. You could verify the user using the old hash, then create a new hash based on the users unencrypted input and then store the new hash and destroy the old one.

            But Christie apparently didn't care about customer service in this regard. Just replacing your old website with a new one and leaving all existing, registered users in the dark is pretty much first-class amateur hour...

            Comment

            • Arnold Chase
              Newbie
              • Jan 2020
              • 8
              • West Hartford, CT

              #7
              11 days later, and finally I get a response from Christie.
              All is good again.

              Comment

              • Stephan Shelley
                Newbie
                • Jan 2020
                • 25
                • Castro Valley, California, USA

                #8
                My access is restored as well after I followed Brad's stepsl. Has anyone found the series 1 projector downloads?

                Comment

                • Jim Cassedy
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1450
                  • San Francisco

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Brad Miller
                  note your password must have lowercase letters, at least one number,
                  at least one capital letter AND one symbol for it to actually work.

                  H01y Cr@p! I h8 when they d0 th1s!

                  Comment

                  • Frank Cox
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 2314
                    • Melville Saskatchewan

                    #10
                    Somewhat counter-intuitively, password requirements like this actually reduce the security of passwords. They make passwords easier to guess by reducing the number of passwords that can possibly be used and a brute-force attacker has a smaller search space to explore when attempting to get access to the system.

                    Comment

                    • Harold Hallikainen
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 1072
                      • Tucson AZ

                      #11
                      I use https://passwordsgenerator.net/ to create passwords. Since each site gets a unique password, I then use a password manager to keep track of them. Ideally the password manager is never hacked! On my own server (for which I am the only login), I block IP addresses after a certain number of login failures. I now have several thousand blocked. My server sends me a text message whenever there's a login, so I'll know if someone DOES get in. I use two factor authentication on all sites that support it. My web server uses encryption with certificates from https://letsencrypt.org/ .

                      Comment

                      Working...