Sony SRX-R320 problem with Marriage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Zbyszek Kmieciński
    Newbie
    • Mar 2021
    • 8
    • Warsaw, Poland

    #1

    Sony SRX-R320 problem with Marriage



    Maybe someone can help me about the Sony SRX-R320 projector error symptoms.
    While cleaning the Projector, I disconnected the power first and took out two mainboard from the media block (SSP-27 & PU-131).
    After cleaning and reassembling all the elements in the media block (LMT-300), the projector does not recognize the device (it cannot establish a connection - I checked all electric parts connections required by service manual). I did not replace original battery.
    Unfortunately I cannot perform "marriage" or "security" operations. LMT-300 starts and tries to connect several times. After unsuccessful attempts it reboots and continues on and on.
  • Marco Giustini
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1169
    • Reading, UK

    #2
    It's been a long time now but I guess there was a reason why Sony didn't want us to service the LMT's and was sending whole units instead!

    Comment

    • Carsten Kurz
      Film God
      • Jan 2020
      • 1481
      • Germany

      #3
      Unfortunately I cannot perform "marriage" or "security" operations.
      What does that mean? Is marriage not working, or do you miss the necessary skills/passwords?

      You probably need to find a Sony tech to get this system up and working again.

      Comment

      • Ioannis Syrogiannis
        Pro Film Handler
        • Jan 2020
        • 286
        • Reykjavík, Iceland

        #4
        From what I read, it's not a password, but a media block working-or-not matter.
        SSP-27 is holding the certificate.
        Sony says in the manual:
        Never pull out the PU-131 board because there is a circuit that stores data using a battery.
        Never pull out the SSP-27A/27B board because there is a circuit that stores data using a battery.
        The outlook of it is bleak, I am afraid.

        Comment

        • Carsten Kurz
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1481
          • Germany

          #5
          As far as I know, Sony is able to reserialize an LMT300 remotely. Wether they are still doing it, I don't know, but the R320 is supported through 2025.

          The LMT also holds it's RAID configuration in volatile memory (same as the S10 server). So if you 'pull the plug', the RAID loses it's content and needs to be formatted as well. Can be done remotely as well.
          Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 03-30-2021, 09:58 AM.

          Comment

          • Tony Bandiera Jr
            Expert Film Handler
            • Jan 2020
            • 720
            • Moreland, Idaho

            #6
            Originally posted by Carsten Kurz

            What does that mean? Is marriage not working, or do you miss the necessary skills/passwords?

            You probably need to find a Sony tech to get this system up and working again.
            Ahhh, our old friend Sony....

            In my time on the Bel Aire circuit I had a client with a Sony DCI projector. To be fair, it DID have great image quality but was very temperamental and had to get lots of (expensive) TLC from Sony techs on a regular basis. And it was fussy about alternate content, even with an image scaler feeding it.

            That fussiness and exclusivity on support is why I always went with Christie (and to a lesser extent, NEC and Barco.)

            Hopefully the OP can get his machine up and running with some help from Sony. A costly lesson to learn for sure.

            Comment

            • Zbyszek Kmieciński
              Newbie
              • Mar 2021
              • 8
              • Warsaw, Poland

              #7
              Originally posted by Carsten Kurz

              What does that mean? Is marriage not working, or do you miss the necessary skills/passwords?

              You probably need to find a Sony tech to get this system up and working again.
              Rialto Poznań marriage.jpg
              I think there is no projector-media block connection authorization.

              Comment

              • Zbyszek Kmieciński
                Newbie
                • Mar 2021
                • 8
                • Warsaw, Poland

                #8
                I have already rebuilt the RAID. Did not help. I do not have a password to change the date, this may be the solution.

                Comment

                • Carsten Kurz
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1481
                  • Germany

                  #9
                  As far as I can see now, this disconnection from battery only deleted RAID config and system config data. So the media block should be okay. It shouldn't be too complicated to have Sony service remote in and reconfigure the system so that the marriage can be performed.

                  Comment

                  • Marco Giustini
                    Film God
                    • Jan 2020
                    • 1169
                    • Reading, UK

                    #10
                    Those who comment on the fussiness of the Sony system seem to have forgotten the Enigma boards, the TI gore boards, the backplanes, the contact cleaners, the certificates etc!

                    To perform the marriage, bot video cables must be connected - it may be a false error message but the screen shows no A and B cable. Again, it's been a long time but any chance you swapped them (socket A connected to B and socket B connected to A)?

                    Comment

                    • Steve Guttag
                      Film God
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 3777
                      • Annapolis, MD

                      #11
                      The Enigma board issue was addressed 6-8 years ago and isn't an ongoing thing. Gore boards are for S1 only and only for those that received VPFs...none of our non-VPF customers EVER bought one and can run DCI content to this day. Furthermore, I never had a GORE board die on me. Signal Backplanes...a Barco specialty, for sure (and not in a good way). I'd say that the ICP is a fair subject to pick at. It is the thing most likely to cause image issues, regardless of DLP brand and the thing that we are seeing with a finite certificate life that is shorter than the hardware. Note, NEC's FMT board also has a 10-year battery that is non-changeable/non-serviceable. I guess that followed TI's lead a bit too close.

                      Comment

                      • Zbyszek Kmieciński
                        Newbie
                        • Mar 2021
                        • 8
                        • Warsaw, Poland

                        #12
                        Originally posted by Marco Giustini
                        Those who comment on the fussiness of the Sony system seem to have forgotten the Enigma boards, the TI gore boards, the backplanes, the contact cleaners, the certificates etc!

                        To perform the marriage, bot video cables must be connected - it may be a false error message but the screen shows no A and B cable. Again, it's been a long time but any chance you swapped them (socket A connected to B and socket B connected to A)?

                        I checked the connections several times. A is connected to A, B is connected to B

                        Comment

                        • Carsten Kurz
                          Film God
                          • Jan 2020
                          • 1481
                          • Germany

                          #13
                          Do you have the LMT300 service manual?

                          System data in SSP-27 needs to be reconfigured. Only Sony can do that, if you have not performed a backup before you pulled the board. Do you have contact to Sony service companies in Poland or neighbouring countries?
                          Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 04-01-2021, 04:42 AM.

                          Comment

                          • Zbyszek Kmieciński
                            Newbie
                            • Mar 2021
                            • 8
                            • Warsaw, Poland

                            #14
                            Yes, I have the LMT300 service manual.
                            I asked for help Veritek Global (working on behalf of Sony) - they accepted the order. 3 weeks ago i made a transfer to their bank acount and still no help ...

                            Comment

                            • Carsten Kurz
                              Film God
                              • Jan 2020
                              • 1481
                              • Germany

                              #15
                              As far as I know, Sony needs to do that remotely from Japan, so, Veritek will probably only forward to them (if they already know what to do - depending on your description of the issue). If they haven't reacted so far, it may be hanging in some job/schedule pipeline. I suggest stepping on their foot every day. Wether or not you are closed, 3 weeks is far too long for a show stopper issue.

                              You may also try to contact Sony Europe in Basingstoke directly.

                              - Carsten

                              Comment

                              Working...