Sony SRX-R320 problem with Marriage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Carsten Kurz
    Film God
    • Jan 2020
    • 1481
    • Germany

    #16
    Veritek seems to operate a location in Holešovice in Czech Republic. Did you contact them? Maybe delays are caused by Covid-19, it seems to be very bad there currently, just as in Poland.

    However, I think they may not need to send someone over physically, as the reconfig has to be done remotely from Japan anyway.

    Comment

    • Stefan Scholz
      Pro Film Handler
      • Jan 2020
      • 298
      • Berlin Germany

      #17
      Interesting, that there are still some of these legacy units operating. Pulling the PU 131 is not the most clever thing to do. You might loose the certificate stored on it. Even though it has a super cap backup, if you wait too long, it|s gone.
      But I think everything has been said in the thread. You eventually need Japan assistance. It did once, years back, and over my internet connection it took some days until it was resend.
      I have no idea, if there still is someone to do it. These 320 are "End of life" products. But they promised spare part availability until 2025+ .

      Comment

      • Marco Giustini
        Film God
        • Jan 2020
        • 1169
        • Reading, UK

        #18
        Steve,

        What I meant was that if you thinker with a mediablock - any mediablock - you risk losing it. You could compare opening the LMT-300 to removing the heatsink of an Enigma board - they both die. I don't see too much of a difference here.

        Comment

        • Carsten Kurz
          Film God
          • Jan 2020
          • 1481
          • Germany

          #19
          The difference is, the enigma board is dead, the LMT300 can be revived. Also, you CAN open a LMT300, you should just follow the service instructions and not remove any of the battery backed-up boards for longer than a few minutes. Where are the service instructions for an Enigma or ICP? During the 'bricked Enigma' phase of around 2 years, it wasn't at all clear wether a software fix was possible at all. Until the fix came out, many exhibitors already paid for bricked Enigmas - this was a non-field-recoverable showstopper issue. Were they offered refunds later?

          The LMT300 is supported through 2025. What about Dolphins, what about CAT745?
          Last edited by Carsten Kurz; 04-03-2021, 07:03 AM.

          Comment

          • Marco Giustini
            Film God
            • Jan 2020
            • 1169
            • Reading, UK

            #20
            what Carsten said.

            Comment

            • Zbyszek Kmieciński
              Newbie
              • Mar 2021
              • 8
              • Warsaw, Poland

              #21
              Originally posted by Carsten Kurz
              Veritek seems to operate a location in Holešovice in Czech Republic. Did you contact them? Maybe delays are caused by Covid-19, it seems to be very bad there currently, just as in Poland.

              However, I think they may not need to send someone over physically, as the reconfig has to be done remotely from Japan anyway.
              I have corresponded with Veritek for over a month. I have the impression that Sony> Veritek communication is dirty.

              Comment

              • Zbyszek Kmieciński
                Newbie
                • Mar 2021
                • 8
                • Warsaw, Poland

                #22
                Originally posted by Stefan Scholz
                Interesting, that there are still some of these legacy units operating. Pulling the PU 131 is not the most clever thing to do. You might loose the certificate stored on it. Even though it has a super cap backup, if you wait too long, it|s gone.
                But I think everything has been said in the thread. You eventually need Japan assistance. It did once, years back, and over my internet connection it took some days until it was resend.
                I have no idea, if there still is someone to do it. These 320 are "End of life" products. But they promised spare part availability until 2025+ .
                I got clear information from Veritek. Pay to Sony and we will help. After paying, it turned out that Veritek "does not see" the money from Sony. I paid for the service and I can't wait to resolve the matter.

                Comment

                • Carsten Kurz
                  Film God
                  • Jan 2020
                  • 1481
                  • Germany

                  #23
                  Can't you prove your payment towards Sony to Veritek?

                  Comment

                  • Zbyszek Kmieciński
                    Newbie
                    • Mar 2021
                    • 8
                    • Warsaw, Poland

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Carsten Kurz
                    Can't you prove your payment towards Sony to Veritek?
                    After correspondence with veritek, I received a proforme from Sony. I sent the transfer to Sony and Veritek says they don't have access to these funds. It seems that Sony should send this transfer to Veritek, but they are in no rush.
                    Veritek believes me, he has confirmation, only no money.

                    Comment

                    • Stefan Scholz
                      Pro Film Handler
                      • Jan 2020
                      • 298
                      • Berlin Germany

                      #25
                      Zbyszek Kmieciński I would like to help you in that problem, but this must go thru the approved service organisation, which nowadays is Broadcast and Professional. I do not know good enough, who is doing business in this pandemic situation, sorry that I can't be of help here.

                      Comment

                      Working...